Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Life Call

Bonnie Champagne shares with
us her personal testimony of God's 
leading:

"In 1980 I had to have surgery and was home recuperating. (I was not born again but had been attending church in a desperate search to make things right with the LORD.)

My Mom was at our home helping out but wanted to go visit a family member in a nearby city.


She asked that I call an Uncle for an address. I picked up the phone to call and I heard a voice say 


"HANG UP and CALL YOUR DAD." (my parents have been divorced since 1964 and I did stay in touch with my Dad)


I had no idea about what was about to happen in the next 24 hours. GOD KNEW!


I made the call. Dad was surprised to hear my voice. We chatted and then I asked him to speak to Mom.


They chatted and then the phone came back to me.


Dad ask if we could visit with him the next time we came to Cornwall and bring our sons so he could meet them.


I told him we could do that.


I also was prompted to say this, "DADDY I LOVE YOU AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I FORGIVE YOU FOR ALL THE THINGS  YOU NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO DO."


We said our good-byes and we hung up. It was to be my last phone call to my Daddy.

The next day after a church service a call came in and it was my younger brother John (the one who is deceased) telling us Daddy had died in hospital of cardiac arrest on his 55 birthday December 27, 1981.


Approximately one year later when I was born again the LORD ministered to me about the death of my Daddy and the importance of that call I made to him.


IT IS SO WONDERFUL TO HEAR AND OBEY THE VOICE OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER!


Sometimes things do not make sense. However we are not called to make sense but to obey.

I pray this testimony blessed you and any others who read it."

Forever HIS Bonnie*JOY   mjcbkc@yahoo.com  


(Bonnie is an intercessor, who lives in Canada, and attends The PIER, in
Brockville, On.)

Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." KJV

Jer. 33:3 Message Bible  "Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own."

Le
t’s pray:


   Father, when things like this happens, we know that You've gotten involved.

  Help us recognize times You've caused us to call someone right at the exact time, for the purpose You have.

   May we be open to such times, and be willing to stop what we're doing, to obey Your leading.

   Help me to sense when You ask me to call, email, or to speak to someone I meet, and simply obey, trusting You to guide what it is I'll say to them.

   In the Name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Job 38:36 "Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?"

Today’s quotes: Jennifer Benson Schuldt – “Do you know people who need supernatural help as they spread the good news of Christ? Remember Paul’s appeal, “Brethren, pray for us” 2 Thess. 3:1, and intercede for them before the throne of our powerful God.”

Oswald Chambers - “Remember that wherever you are, you are put there by God.”

Some thoughts today: Use common sense and eat nutritional food, and thank God for it.

- Don't be afraid of anything: Pray! If you need healing, have someone pray for you in Jesus' Name, and pray for yourself, too! God delights in healing His children, and you're no exception!

- Proclaim that You will not die, but live! Ps. 30:2 "O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me." Proclaim your healing in the Name of Jesus!

20th- Tuesday’s post:  #85  A Profile of Personal Intercessors  C. Peter Wagner

22nd- Thursday's post:  #86  The Gift of Intercession  C. Peter Wagner

24th- Saturday's post: Encouragement Matters!  Cathy Baker

25th- Sunday's post:  Shout HALLELUJAH!  Dave Roper


A popular post: Mysterious Ways: The Miraculous Billboard   
Ruth Schenck in Our Daily Bread, tells us of traveling by car through 
a blizzard, searching desperately for shelter for the night. Twelve 
hundred miles to go, I thought, pulling onto the highway here in 
Indiana, my 75-year-old mother-in-law in the passenger seat."

Glorious!
Makes me think of what lies
ahead for us, beyond
our deaths!

jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 a review would be
appreciated.
Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal
Wisdom for Women

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.95
(Check out the Reviews on the
Kindle page of my book)

Wisdom for Brides (Christian
Marriage, Counseling, & Help)

(Volume 1)




No comments:

Post a Comment