Sunday, December 7, 2014

Only Him






James Cagle shares with us:

If Jesus should called me to valleys dark
Where there was not a ray of light
Would I descend the mountain height
And walk in the pain and sorrow of night?

Would I leave my flower strewn path
To travel the Calvary way?
Forsake my friends and family
With Jesus Christ as my only stay?

How far, to please Him, would I go,
And fulfill His ev’ry desire?
Would I surrender to Him my all
And do whatever He requires?

Would I leave and never stop to think
What other men might say?
Knowing that He who called me out,
Will walk with me in life’s way?

Would I demand before I would leave
To know just where and how?
Or will I answer Love’s pulling tide
And go to Him right now?

Oh wavering soul, oh faithless heart,
Oh, why not have this thought? -
Why should I be as the changing wind,
But never as I ought?

To linger behind and pine away,
And never go with Him;
Beyond my sight, beyond what I feel,
And there know only Him.

Only Him  by James H. Cagle


Let’s pray:

   Father, I sure need help to obey Your call 
on my life.

   May my will become softened to what You

 speak for me to do.

   I know it may be a hard thing You ask,
but I trust I'll keep in mind that You'll be with me, and enable me to accomplish it.

  Help me press beyond what I feel and remember to know only You! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 64:10 NIV "Let the righteous rejoice in the LORD and take refuge in him; let all the upright in heart praise him!"

Today’s quotes: Sper – “My life is a painting created by God,
                                  And as such I’ve nothing to boast;
                           Reflecting the image of Christ to the world
                                     Is what I desire the most.”

Philip Yancey - "For people who feel trapped in pain or in a broken home, in economic misery or in fear—for all of us—heaven promises a timeless future of health and wholeness and pleasure and peace."

Some thoughts today: We can compliment each other if we don't try to change each other.

- Love is your secret weapon, your edge is the power of love.

- God's ultimate love gift was Jesus. His offering of salvation through Christ is for everyone, which means you, too!

9th- Tuesday’s post:  #23 The Voodoo Spirit
C. Peter Wagner

11th- Thursday's post:  #24 What is God Showing Us?
C. Peter Wagner

13th- Saturday's post:  Elaine Miller's book: We All Married Idiots
Jean Oathout

14th- Sunday evening's post:  Devoted to Prayer
Charles F. Stanley


A popular post:  Softened Hearts Nate Stevens shares with us, "I planted a beautiful Japanese maple tree in my backyard. Its deep red foliage cast a lovely contrast over the surrounding greenery ordering my deck. 

I was so pleased with myself! Then it died – not immediately, but slowly."



Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout


AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $.99


Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal
Wisdom for Women

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.95

Wisdom for Brides (Christian
Marriage, Counseling, & Help) 

No comments:

Post a Comment