Saturday, December 6, 2014

I am Broken


Debbie McEwen shares with us
what she was feeling one day:

I am broken, Lord, I am broken
I totally surrender to You
I give it all to You

My pride is gone
There is only You
And that is enough

You empty me out
And then fill me up with Your love
You mold me into a new person
Your person

My way is gone, broken, laid aside
I surrender to Your will and Your love
Thy will be done, not mine
And it will be perfect

(Google image are added)


"O yes, He cares; I know He cares!
His heart is touched with my grief'
Then the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares. -Graeff

Even when we don't sense God's presence,
His loving care is all around us."

Our Daily Bread
11/4/14

Pray with me:

   Father, I know I must come to You, as
You're my only hope.

   When I feel broken inside, I will run to
You for guidance, strength, and comfort.

   Thank You, Holy Spirit, for the assurance that You're with me, and that You're aware of what I'm dealing with today.

   I believe what You say in Your Word, that You'll never leave me nor forsake me, so may my way be made plain to me, so I can please You.

   I surrender to You right now, as Debbie did, and may Your peace be mine, too.

   In Jesus' name I ask this, Amen.


Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 18:6 "In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears."


Today’s quotes: Oswald Chambers – “We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense. We pray when there’s nothing else we can do, but God wants us to pray before we do anything at all.”


Randy Kilgore “God offers His presence to us in life’s darkest moments, which enables us, in turn, to be His presence to the hurting. Crying out for help—from others and from God—may be the strongest moment of our lives.”

Julie Ackerman Link "We who believe in Christ are a work of art created by God to show the greatness of a Savior who makes something beautiful out of the broken pieces of our lives. 

Some thoughts today: Go on with God regardless of what comes against you in life. Your faith in Him will work a sure foundation that can keep you.

- There are false declarations (vows) that we agree with, that are from the world's standpoint of view.

- These unresolved underlying issues affect us as adults. God needs to expose these vows that are presently affecting our Christian walk. Examine what you're believing. Is it a godly declaration, or devilish one that omits God from the equation?

7th- Sunday evening’s post:  Only Him

James Cagle
9th- Tuesday's post:  #23  The Voodoo Spirit
C. Peter Wagner

11th- Thursday's post:  #24  What is God Showing Us?
C. Peter Wagner

13th- Saturday's post:  Elaine Miller's book: We All Married Idiots

Jean Oathout

A popular post:
 Christ Heals the Hurting by James Cagle 

The blade was not of Damascus steel,
Nor was the stone made of granite;
But still the blade wounded very deep,
As the stone, by the hand that threw it.



Kindle $.99
Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
Bridal Shower Devotional

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse
Bridal Wisdom for Women
My book in paperback $7.95




1 comment: