Saturday, January 18, 2020

Awake My Soul



Awake my soul to follow him awake my soul to be
Like Him Who is my Lord and God my source of purity
No longer must I fear the past no longer flee the Son
But bask in His pure righteousness that covers all I've done

For many be the darts of him who dogs my steps each day
And many be his subtleties that draw me from the Way 
But stronger is the grace in which my soul has found repose 
And greater still the love of Him Who from the dead arose 

And to this day prepares for me the path where I need go 
And breaks the fallow ground in which He'd have me stop and sow 
His seeds of love and truth and grace that other hearts might bring
To Him their laud and honor for the all He's offering

Of cleansing and renewal of a home beyond the sky
Where all will live in joyfulness and none will ever die
Where hills and vales will blossom in the glory of the Son
Who there will be the Light of life that makes us all as one

As endlessly we'll study all the beauty in His plan
That purchased our salvation when our Lord became a man
And suffered for the wrongs we'd done and often do today
That He might for the chosen few prepare a better Way

The Way that makes us just like Him in character and peace
Providing for the world to see His love that does not cease
But radiates through every trial and circumstance in life
And even finds the good that's hid sometimes in worldly strife

But how can we be purchased and redeemed by Godly blood
If we will not awake to see and share that crimson flood
That washes those who come to Him our sacrificial Lamb
Who will return in glory as Almighty Great I Am

But only for the faithful who searched daily in His Word
To verify the precious truths by scriptures they have heard
And turned away from all they'd learned that led them far astray
Because they did prefer the night and not the Light of day

So please my Lord awaken me and all those that I love
To seek Your ways Your grace Your peace we're soon to have above
That we might by Your Spirit's will be all that we might be
As channels of Your perfect love for all eternity
Romans 13:8-14; Revelation 21:22-27
Awake My Soul

(Google image, Jesus)
By Lee Forbes

Let's pray-

  Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus, and find rest for my weary soul. Thank you for easing, relieving and refreshing me. Your yoke is wholesome—not harsh, hard, sharp or pressing, but comfortable, gracious and pleasant; your burden is light and easy to be borne. I cast my burden on you [releasing the weight of it] and you sustain me. You will never allow me to be moved—made to slip or fail, in the name of Jesus. Amen. (Strength to Overcome Cares and Burdens, Daily Prayers That Avail Much Commemorative Edition)

171-175 of 200 one-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more this week 
(I'm working on #321 today! I share 5 each Saturday.)

171- Matt. 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
 172- James 4:10 "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and   he shall lift you up."
173- 1 Thess. 4:11 "And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your   own business, and to work with your own hands, as we   commanded  you."
 174- Ps. 71:12 "O God, be not far from me; O my God, make hast   for my help."
175- 1 Cor. 4:20 "For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power."

Today's quotes-

~ Mary Southerland- God is an up-close and personal God. He met Nicodemus at night; He met the woman at the well of Samaria; He met the crippled man at the pool of Bethesda and He touched the blind man, giving him sight. As He walked through Jericho, Jesus saw a little man perched in a tree and called to him, "Zacchaeus, come down. We have a lunch appointment". He met Matthew at the customs' table and told him, "Rise, and follow me." We come to Jesus alone. There are no "group rates" when it comes to knowing God. It’s always one-on-one and very personal. What you believe about Him in the silence and stillness of your own heart is what makes the difference in your life journey. The heart is where all spiritual transactions are made and the transformation process begins. (Italics added) www.marysoutherland.com

~ Andrew Murray-  "Only in the union with the whole Body will each member be healthy and strong. Building up the Body of Christ in love is vital to our spiritual health." (p. 64 in Receiving Power from God)

Words of wisdom-

We can rejoice in God's marvelous Love for ever. His Love for us is wider, longer, higher and deeper than anything we know. Our gratitude for this glorious gift causes a life of blessing.
~ Sometimes God goes into your future for a word to encourage you to believe for more.

Today's guest post-
"I laughed when I looked out my window and these two geese waddling on the ice. They weren’t moving very fast. They seemed a bit confused. I don’t know if they got left behind when the flock they were traveling with headed south or if they just ignored the call . . .
What about you?
How are you going to walk out the vision God’s given you for 2020? "

List of recent sermons of CFC ministersCFC Potsdam NY church has a live service at 10 am Sunday's for shut-ins. If for some reason you can't make it to the church you usually attend, click on the above link, and still get fed!


Upcoming posts-
#33 Victory Through Intercession
21st- Tuesday's post by Andrew Murray
#34 The Secret of Revival
23rd- Thursday's post by Andrew Murray
Hearing God's Voice
25th- Saturday's post by Danny Canning
#35 Fulfilled in God's Plan
28th- Tuesday's post by Andrew Murray

The Larimer family



2 comments: