Wednesday, September 2, 2020

I Thank you, Lord, For My Armor

 

 I thank You, Lord, for each piece
of my Armor 

I dip my finger in olive oil in a small jar in my medicine cabinet, and begin praying something like this:

   Father, I anoint myself with oil in the Name of Jesus Christ,  my soon coming Prince of Peace, the Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Savior and my righteousness. 
   
Thank You for my Helmet of Salvation, that protects my mind, will and emotions.
   For my Healing, made available by Christ's crucified body and His shed blood on the Cross. 
  Thank You for Christ's Breastplate of Righteousness that covers
 me, so I can stand in Your Presence.
   Thank You for the Belt of Truth, that surrounds me and protects me from the lies of the evil one. 
   Thank You for the Sword of the Spirit, Your Word. Help me to read it with understanding, appreciation and obedience.
   Thank You for the Lance; the speaking in tongues
   And thank You that my feet are shod with the Gospel of Truth.
   I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen

(Google image, Full armor of God) [The above links are other posts on my blog on this subject for your further study)


Let's pray-

   "Dear Lord, My heart is steadfast, determined to celebrate victory in and with You today! Your love is great, and Your faithfulness knows no end. In times of wonder, worry and war, You are worthy of praise and honor, and I am victorious in Your strength and salvation.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen." Gwen Smith 


301-305 one-line Scriptures for  those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- 

301- Ps. 71:8 "Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day."

302- 1 John 5:11 "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life and this life is in his Son."

303- Rom. 5:1 "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

304- Ps. 34:14 "Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it."

305- Ps. 92:4 "For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands."


Germine Copeland- "God wants you to fulfill your divine destiny. Put on the full armor of God, and continually build yourself up on your most holy faith; walk in love. God has given you His power and ability. He gave gifts to the believer: apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers to bring you to maturity and fully equip you that you should do the work of ministering toward building up Christ’s body (the church). Attend a Bible-believing church, read and study the Bible, and pray. You are equipped for service!" 


Words of wisdom-

Our Lord God promises us perfect peace, if we keep our minds and hearts stayed on him, even in troublesome times. When fear comes through heart-thumping, mind-numbing times, may we have steadfast focus on Jesus, as His great love will give us hope and joy. Let Him fill you with His perfect peace today.


Our guest post-


TRUSTING GOD AS FATHER


 James Howard- "Trusting God has been difficult for me.

I had a father who was in the home, but who never wanted to spend time with me. This led to me being molested and to other things. I sought my dad’s love, but it was not there."

                                                                 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Words from God the Father
[Our weekly word of 30]

3. I Enjoy Fellowshipping With You

 "I withheld no good thing, but I have given all richly to enjoy the things of My Spirit. Therefore, stand, says the Lord. Be strong and enjoy My Presence, for I enjoy fellowshipping with you, says the Spirit of the Lord."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The home pages of the CFC websitehttps://www.cfconline.org/
Replay past services, and read any past devotionals you missed. 
The livestream link: https://www.cfconline.org/live 
[For CFC Sunday services, 10 or 10:15 am] 

  The pastors and elders of the CFC churches in northern NY,            
have provided daily devotionals from Streams in the Desert. 
They are listed with links to provide a short Scripture reading 
and brief message from one of them during the recent weeks.
 Past special song presentations are also listed.

       ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  

I'd lost this post, so found it and re-posted it in July and today!
       
   



No comments:

Post a Comment