Thursday, September 3, 2020

#56 Your Prayer Can Help to Vindicate Christ

 

   Dr. Wesley L. Duewel- An effective prayer life is one of the most important qualifications for any missionary, pastor, or evangelist in front-line missionary endeavor. But your intercessory prayer supporting their work is their greatest need.

   Christian witnesses in unreached and unresponsive areas must be covered by prayer so that God's presence may be demonstrated and prayers answered in such ways as to bring salvation to many. The Christians needing this prayer partnership work in some of the most difficult places in the world. (Google image, Praying together) 

   While stationed in central India, an Indian soldier was led to Christ in one of our new churches. Later he was transferred to Kashmir in the northwest corner of India, a state where Christian work has been slow and where there are very few churches.

   When the Christian soldier reached his new post, he learned of a Muslim lady who had been demon-possessed for several years. Relatives had taken her from one reputed Muslim holy spot to another without any results. 

  When the soldier learned of her condition, he was moved by Christian compassion and asked permission to pray for her in Jesus' name. She was instantly set free. The Muslims were overwhelmed.

   A Muslin with a severe heart problem was then brought to him, and he was asked to pray for the man in Jesus' name. He did, gladly, and the man was healed. A woman with a huge goiter was carried in to him and again the soldier prayer. Within two weeks the goiter had disappeared.

   Soon Muslims, who believed that God is honored by a place dedicated to Him, approached the soldier. "You need a place to worship your God."  So the Muslims gave him three acres of land in a prominent spot on a mountain side and offered to help him build a little church.

   Since there was no other Christian church or worker for miles, the soldier accepted, but sent an urgent message to the pastor of the church where he had found the Lord. "I'm just a soldier. The people here want to become Christians. Someone must come and help!"

   Today we have a small Christian congregation because Jesus vindicated Himself through the prayer of a Christian soldier who was only trying to show Christian compassion. How can your prayer assist in proving to non-Christians that Christ is God? Let me suggest some ways that you should pray:

   1. Place "power encounter" on your daily prayer list. Remember each day those who are laboring in these difficult areas where there are few Christians and where serving and following Christ is costly. Pray for all those facing challenges to prove that Christ is the loving God and that He answers prayer.

   2. Pray for Christ to be manifest in miracle power. Pattern your prayer after that of the Jerusalem church: "Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus" (Acts 4:29-30).

When the people of that church united in praying this prayer, God's power shook the place where they were assembled. Your prayer can help shake spiritually untold numbers of people and places for Christ.

   3. Pray for God to keep the Christian workers spiritually victorious and empowered by the Holy Spirit. Satan tries in every way possible to afflict workers in these pioneer ministries with discouragement and temptation. They must stay very close to the Lord and live in the Spirit so that Christ's power may rest mightily upon them.

   This was the secret of Paul's ministry, and it must be the secret of theirs also (Rom. 15:18-19; 1 Cor. 2:4; 2 Cor. 12:9; Eph. 3:7, 20; 2 Tim. 1:7; Acts 15:12). Pray for God to clothe them daily with His Spirit.

   4. Pray for daily guidance for these Christian workers. Pray for God to bring to their attention the people with the needs God wants to meet, and to open the door for their Christian ministry. Pray for guidance in winning those for whom Christ exerts His miracle power.

   Pray for God's protection for these Christian workers. Satan becomes very angry with those God is using and makes them the special target of his attacks. Pray for God to protect the workers spiritually and physically, to keep them free from fear of threats against them, and to guard their families.

"Power encounter" is an important aspect of Christian ministry and spiritual warfare in many places. Your prayer can empower those in front-line ministry. Pray that the name of Jesus will be honored and that God will bring the harvest for which He died.

(Chapter 16, pp. 126-128, italics added for emphasis)


Used by permission 
of the Duewel Literature Trust, Inc,
Greenwood, Indiana
Available by phone
317-881-6755, ext, 361

Let's pray-

    "Today I will extol the Lord; praise shall continually be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; when I am afflicted I will hear the voice of my God and rejoice. Come, glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together. When I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. I look to Him and I am radiant, my face is never covered with shame. I called, and He heard me; He saved me out of all my troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around me because I revere Him, and He delivers me. Praise the name of the Lord! Amen"
Germine Copeland 



Today's Bible verses-

        Matthew 11:30 (NIV) "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

       Jeremiah 31:3 (AMP) “The Lord appeared from of old to me [Israel], saying,Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn you and continued My faithfulness to you." [Color added]

       James 5:16 (ESV) "Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working."


Today's words of wisdom-

~ At times, as Christians, we may find ourselves drifting from Christ's charted course for our lives. When things get too painful, Jesus will be waiting to welcome us back. He gently steers us to safe waters and brings us on the best route to our destination. Let's check our course today, and avoid detours that cause us troubles.

Today's quote-

~ Sharon Jaynes- "I don’t know what you are going through today. It could be the toughest time of your life. But I do know that during tough times the devil will tell you that God doesn’t love you, doesn’t care about you, or isn’t going to do anything to help. Don’t listen to him. He is a liar—an opportunist who looks for times of vulnerability to try and get you to question God’s power, provision, and promises. 

No matter what you are going through today, remember this:

God loves you. 
God is good. 
God wants what’s best for you. 
God is always at work on your behalf.
And you can trust Him. 

That’s the truth." From When Love Hurts 

A quote from When Love Hurts: "Standing in the corner watching my little boy cry, I wondered if how I was feeling is how God feels when I’m going through a painful situation that’s for my ultimate good. I cry out, “God, why are You letting this happen? Don’t You love me? Don’t You care about what’s happening to me? Why don’t You make it stop?”  [Italics added for emphasis]


Today's guest post-


  

 Susan Ellis


For years, I yelled, “Move, move!”

I yelled at my past and my failures. But once as I prayed, Jesus reminded me His yoke is easy and His burden light. As I meditated on this verse, I saw myself yoked to a huge ox. As I pushed against the yoke, the ox dug in and remained immovable. I kicked and whipped the animal and yelled at it to move, but it stood like a stone. As I strained at the yoke, feeling the weight of the immovable burden, I finally fell down in defeat. . . "


Wellesby College
Early Fall colors

 

For CFC Sunday services 10 or 10:15

Check out the livestream link: https://www.cfconline.org/




Upcoming posts-

        The Way to Move Mountains
5th- Saturday's post by Merlin Carothers

    #57 You Can Defeat and Bind Satan 
8th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel 

   #58 How to Bind Satan
10th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

        With Jesus For Eternity
12th- Saturday's post by Jane Ault





No comments:

Post a Comment