Saturday, March 30, 2024

ARE YOU WALKING IN FREEDOM?

 

~  Andres Merrell- Sometimes I can’t help but laugh at the way God sets things up when He wants to get my attention.

    One day, on my way to church, I listened to a song on the radio that spoke of being free. The line that jumped out at me was “there are no chains on me.” (photo courtesy of pixabay.com.)

    When I got to church, the guest speaker read from John about how the truth makes us free. “Freedom,” he said, “releases you into your calling and destiny.”

    When the service was over and I got back into my car, there was another song on the radio about … you guessed it … being set free.

   Free. The word from God for the day, but I wondered what it meant for me specifically.

   I tried to remember all the things that had held me captive in the past—chains that kept me in bondage. Rejection and verbal abuse caused low self-esteem and turned me into a people-pleaser. There were deep wounds inflicted by cruel words and situations out of my control. Anger became a stronghold. Even though God had lovingly delivered me from the pain of my past, there seemed to be more chains to be broken.

   The next morning when I opened my devotional book, the title of the devotion was “God Wants to Set You Free.” Okay, God. I get it. It’s obvious we have work to do.

   As I spent time in God’s presence, He revealed negative attitudes and offences that needed to be dealt with. As I confessed my sin, He once again forgave me, cleansed my heart, and renewed my spirit and soul. He washed me clean and set me free from the unseen chains that were holding me down.

   Sometimes we don’t realize how much bondage we’re in until we’re delivered and looking at things from the other side with a different perspective—a godly perspective.

   Freedom is a wonderful gift. Allow God to set you free today.

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage." Galatians 5:1 NKJV

Are You Walking in Freedom?

 Andrea Merrell 

(For more devotions, visit Christian Devotions.)

Let's pray-

    Father, give me a mind to stay with you. Keep me from evil and temptations that draw me away from your love and heart. I want you more than anything else in life. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen

The Meaning of the Cross This is a great message for us!

  #30 Testimony- Jessica

   "I can think of several instances when God has helped me as a parent. He made me a mother of a handful of wonderful, but sinful children, and though not one of them has come with a manual, I have the Holy Spirit to help me raise them.

   One time, God prompted me to check a screen device that our oldest had been given limited use of so she could contact us while babysitting. After locating the device and checking the parent controls, I found many new applications installed.

   After talking to the children, we discovered that one of the other children had been sneaking use of the device to install and play games. Confessions were made and new guidelines put in place.

   Another time, I happened to notice a single white sprinkle on the white counter. Since we rarely have sprinkles out and they hadn’t been out at all recently, I knew someone had gotten into them, and I had a very good idea about who had done it. 

   After praying to the Lord for help, I let this child know that I knew he had stolen something, but not what. He started confessing several things he had taken and we had a chance to pray and give it all to God. We talked about broken trust and building trust.

   God is my help. I know that He didn’t inform me to get them in trouble. He helped me see a problem so that we could deal with an issue that He wanted to work out, because He loves them too. I am not a perfect parent, and I never will be, but it doesn’t matter.

   I have had to learn to forgive my parents for what I have perceived to be their mistakes in raising me, and I will teach my children to do the sameto forgive no matter who has wronged them. So, I am free as a parent to try to do my best, but not live under the weight of condemnation no matter how many times I fail. God has forgiven me, He will help me, and He will make the difference in my children’s lives no matter my lack."



 The Word made flesh-  "There's only one Man who can give us unshakable, unlosable life - the one Man who proved He has it. Of the estimated 100 billion people who have lived on this planet, only one has ever walked out of His grave under His own power. Jesus. The One who, on Good Friday, loved me so much that He poured out His life on a cross to pay for the sin that had cut me off from God." Ron Hutchcraft

 


Recommended Reading-

Coming Out of the Dark by Mary Southerland


 "Mary has walked with God through some very dark, bleak valleys, and in those difficult times she has learned to find her joy and strength in Him. Coming Out of the Dark is a powerful story every woman needs to read."

 Says  Kay Warren, wife of Rick Warren, pastor of Saddleback Church, Lake Forest, CA.






1176-1180 One-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- or to review them from when they were first posted- 
 
1176- Is. 19:22b "He shall be intreated fo them, and shall heal them."

1177- Pro. 21:15a "It is joy to the just to do judgment."

1178- Ps. 32:6a "For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee."

1179- Job 27:4a "My lips shall not speak wickedness."

1180- Pro. 21:11b "When the wise is instructed, he receiveth knowledge."


#30  Hymn- More Love to Thee, O Christ
 The information about this song, More Love to Thee, O Christ, is taken from the book by Robert J. MorganTHEN SINGS MY SOUL  (pg. 133)

   Elllizabeth Payson was born in Portland, Maine, on Ocober 26, 1818. As a school teacher in 1845, she married a Presbyterian minister, George Lewis Prentiss, and the couple moved to New York. Elizabeth enjoyed writing, and her books, Stepping Heavenward and The Flower of the Family, became best-sellers.
   Her health faltered and anxiety overwhelmed her. Inspired by the hymn, "Nearer My God, To Thee,' Elizabeth worked on a poem-prayer to the Lord. The words came easily at first, but by the end, her creative energy evaporated, and she left the poem unfinished.
   Thirteen years later, while rummaging through a stack of old papers, Elizabeth found this unfinished poem. As she re-read it, it didn't impress her as being very good. But when (her husband) George insisted she finish it, she dutifully scribbled an ending in pencil. He printed a few copies, one of which landed on the desk of musician William Howard Doane in Cincinnati, who set the verse to music and published it in his Songs of Devotion.


 Some encouraging words-
 
  ~ God has searched and known us. He’s completely familiar with everything about 
us—our whims, futile attempts to serve Him, and numerous failures. In fact, there’s nothing God doesn’t know about us because He created us. And since He has, there’s a certain identification. 


Upcoming posts:

4/6- BEAUTIFUL RESTORATION- Winn Collier

13th- THE BOOK OF LOVEJulie Grenness

20th- BUTTERFLY- Anne Hughes
 

The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.

Sermon listing:https://www.cfconline.org/sermon-library 



No comments:

Post a Comment