Saturday, April 6, 2024

BEAUTIFUL RESTORATION

  

~ Winn Collier- In his wonderful book Art+Faith: a Theology of Making, renowned artist Makoto Fujimura describes the ancient Japanese art form of Kintsugi.

   In it, the artist takes broken pottery (originally tea ware) and pieces the shards back together with lacquer, threading gold into the cracks. (Google image, Kintsugi potery)

   "Kintsugi," Fujimara explains, "Does not just 'fix' or repair a broken vessel; rather, the technique makes the broken pottery even more beautiful than the original."

   KIntsugi, first implemented centuries ago when a warlord's favorite cup was destroyed and then beautifully restored, became art that's highly prized and desired.

   Isiah describes God artfully enacting this kind of restoration with the world. Though we're broken by our rebellion and shattered by our selfishness, God promises to "create new heavens and a new earth" (65:17).

   He plans not merely to repair the old world but to make it entirely new, to take our ruin and fashion a world shimmering with fresh beautiy. This new creation will be so stunning that "past troubles will be forgotten" and "former things will not be remembered" (vv. 16-17).

   With this new creation, God won't scramble to cover our mistakes but rather will unleash His creative energy—energy where ugly things become beautiful and dead things breathe anew.

   As we survey our shattered lives, there's no need for despair. God is working His beautiful restoration.

   Dear God, please restore me and make my world new."

BEAUTIFUL RESTORATION by Winn collier  (ODB devotional author)

Give Us Tears in Our Eyes (A prayer for us to pray, composed from Dr. Wesley L. Duewel's poem)


Let's pray-

  Father, the art of Kintsugi, implimented centuries ago when a warlord's favorit cup was broken and then beautifully resored, became an art that's highly prized and desired.
   Isiah describes that You artfully restore us, though we're broken by our rebellion and shattered by our selfishness. You promise to "create new heavens and a new earth." (65:17)
   Your plan is not to merely repair the old world but to make it entirely new, to take our ruin and fashion a world shimmering with fresh beauty. This new creation will be so stunning that "past troubes will be forgotten" and "former things will not be remembered" (vv.16, 17).
   With this new creation, You're not going to scramble to cover our mistakes but rather will unleash Your creative energy to where ugly things become beautiful and dead things breathe anew.
   As we survey our shattered lives, there's no need to despair. You are working Your beautiful restoration in us. We ask that You restore us and make our world new! 
   We ask for this in Jesus' name. Amen.
  

#31 Testimony- Christene


"I invited God and Jesus into my heart much later on in life! I knew challenges were ahead of me from day one! How do I know this, it's because I told God I wanted it all or nothing! I received it all because God knew my heart and was healed of cancer! I had cancer 2 times before and had it removed with the doctor telling me it could come back again!

I was having monthly checks and at this point I said enough is enough and knew that God could heal me and He did! I went and got confirmation from the doctor and of course he couldn't explain it but I told him I could! 

While I was a newborn in God I told Him that I saw visions from the Holy Spirit and said I would need help here on earth to be able to help me with these visions! I reminded God that I was single and needed someone that knew Him for a long time and could help me on my walk.

I would walk in the evenings around my neighborhood talking with God and praying for people in their homes as God directed me! One evening I heard Christian music playing from one of the homes and the door opened and a young lady stepped out and I went up to her. I explained I was new in the Lord and was glad to hear Christian music.

We talked for a while and I went over to see her a couple more times. During one of our conversations I told her that I was single, and she said her dad was too. She came over one day with her phone stating that her dad wanted to talk to me. 

She wasn't aware that I had prayed for someone to help me on my walk. The second time I talked with this gentleman I knew he was the one! Keep in mind he lived in upstate NY and I was living in Washington State.

We both prayed over the situation and he was in the process of finishing up building his house. We prayed that if this was God's will for us that the house would sell for cash in two weeks. This would have to be God to accomplish something like this.

1 week later I received a call stating that even though the house wasn't completely sold for cash by someone from a different State, we knew this was God because everyone said there's no way that could have happened. It was our confirmation.

My husband now of 22 years, payed off his debts and drove to Washington State where I was at. We got married moved to Montana then back to upstate NY. He has his ministry where we live and I have mine at Grace House!

Thats another miracle in itself for a later time!

God bless!❤️



1181-1185 One-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- or to review them from when they were first posted- 
 
1181- Jer. 27:5a "I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power."

1182- Ezra 5:11b "We are the servants of the God of heaven and earth."

1183- Ps. 36:10a "O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee."

1184- Jer. 3:19b "Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me."

1185- Ecc. 3:17b "There is a time there for every purpose and for every work."


Recommended Reading-

ABLAZE FOR GOD by Wesley L. Duewel


"AFTER ALL THE FLOOD OF BOOKS on leadership by non-leaders, it is refreshing to have a book by one whose personal record is so widely respected. Here is an exhilarating handbook that should be urgently required for any believing Christian with real responsibility." DR. RALPH D. WINTER, General Director








#31 Hymn- I Must Tell Jesus
   The information about this song, I Must Tell Jesus,  is taken from the book by Robert J. MorganTHEN SINGS MY SOUL  (pp. 232, 233)
 
   Elisha A. Hoffman was born May7, 1839, in Orwigsburg, Penn. His father was a minister, and Elisha followed Christ at a young age. . . Following the death of his young wife, he returned to Penn. and devoted 33 years to pastoring Benton Harbor Presbyterian Church.
   Hoffman's pastime was writing hymns, many of which were inspired by pastoral incidents. One day, for example, while calling on the destitute of Lebanon, Penn. he met a woman whose depression seemed beyond cure. She opened her heart and poured on him her pent-up sorrow. Wringing her hands, she cried, "What shall I do? Oh, what shalll I do?" 
   Hoffman knew what she should to, for he had himself learned the deeper lessons of God's comfort. He said to the woman, "You cannot do better than to take all your sorrows to Jesus. You must tell Jesus." Those words echoed in Hoffman's ears and he mulled them over as he returned home. He drew out his pen and started writing the words to, "I Must Tell Jesus."
   He lived to be 90, telling Jesus his burdens and giving the church many more songs.
 

Some encouraging words-

~ When God created you, He spoke to Himself. We will never know ourselves by relating to the creation, only to Him; the Creator. Our potential is much greater than what we are right now. Our potential is limited only by God, not what others think, as God sees Christ in us!
~ Take a moment to thank God for the many opportunities during which He allows you to wait. Ask Him to help you use your time wisely so you can bring praise, honor, and glory to Him.


Upcoming posts:

4/13- THE BOOK OF LOVEJulie Brennes

20th- BUTTERFLYAnne Hughes

27th- THE ROCK- John Oquntavinbo 

The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.

Sermon listing:https://www.cfconline.org/sermon-library 

 .



 

 


 





  

 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment