Saturday, September 5, 2020

The Way to Move Mountains

 

   Merlin Carothers- Praising the Lord is not a magical formula that instantly solves all our problems. It is a God-designed formula that can solve problems. What is the difference? Jesus said that by our faith we could move a mountain. What did He mean? We can move mountains.

   Moving huge quantities of rock and dirt can be done by several methods. Powerful explosives are one method. Giant earthmoving machines are another. A wheelbarrow and shovel are still another. (Google image, 9 reasons to praise God during a crisis) 

   Yes, we use whatever means we have available if we want to get the job done. Which method will most likely strengthen the muscles of the men doing the work? Wheelbarrows and shovels require more time than explosives or machinery, and they also require the use of muscles - and that builds strength.

   When we have mountains in our lives we want moved, we can plead with God to move them by some easy method and He may do that. Or, for our benefit, He may want us to learn how to use a shovel!

   Praising the Lord most often requires us to use our "shovels." When we use that method it always works. How? It accomplishes whatever God knows will be best for us. Sometimes He uses our praise to bring instant healing. That is more like explosives that can instantly remove a mountain; that method is what we all like!

   Other times He uses our praise to strengthen us in our spirits. When we praise the Lord for every situation that troubles us, it always works because we are being strengthened. As we practice praising the Lord many times a day we are being strengthened even when it seems our "muscles" are tired.

   Don't ever think that your praise to God isn't accomplishing anything! I've heard from many people who give similar reports. At first, they thought their praise to God wasn't helping themselves or any one else, but in obedience to God they kept trusting and praising Him.

   Gradually they noticed changes being made in themselves, others, and in their problems. They all say basically the same thing. "Tell people to keep praising God and He will meet their needs! " So, once again I urge you to never give up. God's answers will always come. You will know that He is working in you and through you. Your joy will increase, and your mountains will move. [Taken from August 2020 PRAISE NEWS, a reprint from September 2004]

Books by Merlin Carothers 

Let's pray-

   "Father God, I thank you for your faithfulness to me. Thank you for your everlasting love. Thank you for your faithfulness to your people in America and to our nation. I pray, Lord, that in your faithfulness you would lead your people to your heart. I pray that you would make us a nation of people faithful to you, drawn by your loving-kindness and everlasting love."Jason Yates info@myfaithvotes.org


331-335 one-line KJV Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more this week- 

331- Jonah 2:7 "When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple."

332- Ps. 119:17 "Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word."

333- Ps. 119:103 "How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"

334- Ps. 60:12 "Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies."

335- Ecc. 3:12 "I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life!"

Today's quote-

~ There are times we should spend daydreaming. Are we too busy that we can't enjoy something that we'd love to do? Maybe it's time to let some things go for a while and do something you'd enjoy doing out of the normal for you; like, go for a walk!


Today's words of wisdom-

~ Unless we are willing to lay ourselves out for God and be ready to sacrifice life and everything else for Christ, we don't have the true Spirit of Christ.


Words from God the Father

 I Eagerly Look Forward to Just You and Me

  "I eagerly look forward to the time you devote to just you and Me, for our life is a fellowship, and in this fellowship, there is much for you to receive."


Today's guest post:

Please Wait

Doug Lim

"The busier the day got, the more I waited.
I waited in traffic. I waited in the checkout line and gas line. I even waited to be seated at a restaurant with a “No Waiting” sign. I fell behind schedule and resented others for making me wait.
If I had remembered God was in control, I would have handled the delays much better. His plan and timing are perfect—and certainly superior to the plans I scribbled down. God offers peace through the power of His love and the promise to work things out for those who wait."

Early fall colors at
Reservation, Mahwah,NJ


I invite you to view the latest 7 posts on my blog today: Jean's blog

For CFC Sunday services 10 or 10:15, and the recorded daily devotions. 

Check out the livestream link: https://www.cfconline.org/




Upcoming posts-

     #57 You Can Defeat and Bind Satan
8th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

     #58 How to Bind Satan
10th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

          With Jesus For Eternity
12th- Saturday's post by Jane Ault

     #59 Plead the Blood of Jesus
15th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel








No comments:

Post a Comment