Saturday, August 3, 2019

Clear Communication


   Bill Crowder- While traveling in Asia, my iPad (containing my reading material and many work documents) suddenly died, a condition described as "the black screen of death."

   Seeking help, I found a computer shop and encountered another problem—I don't speak Chinese and the shop's technician didn't speak English. (Google image, Men with computers)

   The Solution? He pulled up a software program in which he typed in Chinese, but I could read it in English. The process reversed as I responded in English and he read in Chinese. The software allowed us to communicate clearly, even in different languages.

   At times, I feel like I'm unable to communicate and express my heart when I pray to my heavenly Father—and I'm not alone. Many of us struggle sometimes with prayer. But the apostle Paul wrote, 

       "The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know 
       what we  ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself 
       intercedes for us through wordless groans. and he 
       who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, 
       because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in 
       accordance with the will of God." (Romans 8:26-27).

   How amazing is the gift of the Holy Spirit! Better than any computer program, He clearly communicates my thoughts and desires in harmony with the Father's purposes. The work of the Spirit makes prayer work! (Our Daily Bread 6/1419)


Let's pray-

   "Father, I thank You for the gift of Your Spirit and the privilege of prayer. Help me to lean on Your Spirit in moments when I don't know how to pray. Amen."  (Our Daily Bread 6/1419)

   In The Undeniable Differences Between Husbands and Wives, Dr. James Dobson talks about how men and women differ, how they complement each other, and how understanding these truths is key to enjoying a successful, intimate, long-lasting marriage.

51 - 55 of 100 one-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more this week-  

51. Ps. 17:8 "Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings."

52. Gal. 6:9 "And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."
53. Ps. 31:24 "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD."
54. Ps. 86:5 "For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee."
55. Is. 40:29 "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength."  


Today's quote and a link-

~ Martyn Lloyd-Jones- "It is, therefore a fundamental teaching of the Scriptures that as Christians we are all saved . . . in order that God may use us in the salvation of others . . . This is something that applies to us all; it is not the prerogative or the special work only of those who are called upon to preach. No, it is the task of all the members of the christian church." [p. 1 of June 2019 HERALD OF HIS COMING newspaper, Sanctification and Evangelism, Vol 78 No. 6 (930)]


WHAT SURVIVING KATRINA AND CANCER TAUGHT ME ABOUT FAITH AND RESILIENCE

By Margaret Feinberg- "In this guest blog post, Jamie shares how he came to understand the true meaning of spiritual surrender."

Jamie . . . "But to me, it felt more faithful to allow that I didn’t know God’s will and couldn’t manipulate God to do my bidding. In that moment I knew that I could trust God regardless of the outcome. I knew that, in my absence, God could and would care for the four people I loved more than anything in the world."


Words of wisdom

We must remember that prayer doesn't work automatically, and that it's not apiece of spiritual magic.

God may not give us what we ask for as it may not be His wise and loving will for us.






Upcoming posts-

     The Message of the Bible
8/10- Saturday's post by Billy Graham

     Power in the Promises
17th- Saturday's post by Lee Forbes

     Learning to Listen
24th- Saturday's post by Max Lucado

     Through the Eyes of Love
31st- Saturday's post by Bill Myers       



1 comment:

  1. Jean: I really appreciate this post. The "Clear Communication" message reminds me of how blessed I am that the Holy Spirit can and does take all my thoughts, even when they are muddled, clearly to my Loving Father. He makes then clear and I know that my Father listens. I like the one line scriptures and I liked the excerpt from "Surviving Katrina". It is such an important message to know that God will also take care of our loved ones when we are not around.

    ReplyDelete