Saturday, September 3, 2022

Getting Good at Being You

 

~ Mary Southerland- "Beginnings are very important! In fact, the place of origin has much to do with the quality of the journey as well as the final destination. My journey- like yours- began in the heart and mind of God.

   Before I took even one breath, God wanted, loved and planned me. That same truth applies to you, my freind. You are no accident! You and I were created in response to the love of God and according to His plans.  (Google image, Be Yourself)

   God did not "accidentally" create us and then step back in alarm and say, "Oops! I created her. Now what am I going to do with her?" The plan came first.

   There have been many times in my life when I doubted my worth and value. I filled every waking moment with activity—good things—thinking that if I did enought good things, I would be good enough. It didn't work.

   It didn't work. I can never be good enough to earn the love and favor of God. The good news is that I don't have to be! My worth and value rest in the fact that I am chosen by God to be His very own child. I am loved, wanted and planned by God Himself. Wow!

   God Himself supervised our formation. We were created—not to be a puppet—but for an intimate relationship with God.

   "I praise You because You made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What You have done is wonderful. I know this very well. You saw my bones being formed as I took shape in my mother's body. When I was put together there, You saw my body as it was formed. All the days planned for me were written in Your book before I was one day old" (Psalm 139:14-15, NCV).

   When our son, Jered, was four years old, we enrolled him in a daycare for two mornings each week. Jered loved to play with other children and always seemed to get along with all of the other children. I was surprised and upset when his tacher asked me to come in for a conference.

   My husband said, "Honey, how bad can it be? Jered is only four!" Jered's teacher met us with a smile and a good report. "Jered is a wonderful little boy," she began, "but there is one problem. How long has Jered known he was adopted?" 

   I was still clueless about that being a problem, but answered, "Since he began talking. We have told him repeatedly how special he is and that he is a chosen baby." She smiled and went on to explain that Jered told the other children that he was special because he was adoped. In fact, Jered informed each child that we had chosen him—while their parents "got stuck" with them.

   Listen, my friend, when you begin to understand and live out the eternal truth that you are loved, planned, wanted and chosen by God, His perfect plan and highest purpose witll naturally unfold before you each day.

   Remember, in His eyes, you are special and His plan for your lie is simply for you to get good at being you."


(pp. 199-201 of Mary's book, Life is so Daily)






Let's pray-

   "Father God, I come before you, with gratefulness. Thank you for your promise that you will never leave us. Thank you for your touch in our lives. And Lord, thank you that you hold our hands whenever we need you. Remind us of your presence, Lord. Thank you for your faithfulness. I pray this in Your Son’s precious and Holy name. In Jesus’ name, Amen."   © Anne Peterson 2008

“Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly” (Psalm 5:3 NLT). From those still, quiet moments of waiting comes a sacred balance that takes root and grows." Mary Southerland  from "Sitting at His Feet"


771-775 one-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- or to review them from when they were first posted- 
 
771- Ps. 119:68 "Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes."

772- Job 13:3 "Surely I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God."

773- Is. 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior."

774- 2 Cor. 4:17 "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."

775- Ps. 69:18 "Draw night unto my soul, and redeem it: deliver me because of mine enemies."


Our quote for today-

Our Father’s Hand

A child holds his father’s hand
without a single care.
Their journey doesn’t matter,
for he knows his father’s there.

When trials overwhelm us,
may we be like this child,
and simply take our Father’s hand
and walk with Him awhile. 
 
 © 
Anne Peterson 2008


Words of wisdom-

~ God doesn't let the outcome be about us. He chooses weak things to defy the wise so He gets all the glory. It's what we do with the temptation to exalt ourselves that makes the difference whether He gets the glory or not.


Upcoming posts:

10th- OUR FATHER
   John Blase

17th- Jesus Wants Your Tonka Truck
   Kyle Normary

24th- Ask and You shall Receive
   Lisa Pluth


The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.

Sermon listing:https://www.cfconline.org/sermon-library 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment