Friday, May 19, 2023

SEEING JESUS

 

~ Kenneth Petersen- "At four months old, Leo had never seen his parents. He'd been born with a rare conditon that left his vision blurred. For Him, it was like living in dense fog. But then eye doctors fit him with a special set of glasses. (Google image, Boy with glasses). 

Leo's father posted the video of Mom placing the new glasses over his eyes for the first time. We watch as Leo's eyes slowly focus. A smile spreads wide across his face as he truly sees his mom for the first time. Priceless. In that moment, little Leo could see clearly.

John reports a conversation Jesus had with His disciples. Philip asked Him, "Show us the Father " (John 14:8). even after all this time together, Jesus' disciples couldn't recognize who was right in front of them.

He replied, "Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?" (v. 6). This is the sixth of Jesus' seven "I am" statements. He's telling us to look through these "I am" lenses and see who He truly is — God Himself.

We're a lot like the disciples. In difficult times, we struggle and develop blurred vision. We fail to focus on what God has done and can do. When little Leo put on the special glasses, he could see his parents clearly. Perhaps we need to put on our God-glasses, so we can clearly see who Jesus really is.

   Jesus, please help me turn my eyes on You. Show me clearly Your path for me."


951-955 One-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more verses this week- or to review them from when they were first posted- 
 
951-  2 Cor. 5:19a "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself."

952- Ps. 104:1a "Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great."

953- Ps. 109:30a "I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth."

954- 1 Cor. 15:10a "But by the grace of God I am what I am."

955- Phil. 2:8a "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself."


Quote for today-

~ Ruth Graham- "The center of power, it has been said, is not found in summit meetings or in peace conferences. It is found when children of God pray for God's will to be done in their lives, in their homes and in the world around them.
   We cannot pray and remain the same. We cannot pray and have the world around us remain the same. God has decreed to act in response to prayer. He commands us to ask. And Satan trembles for fear we will.
   We need to start where we are, as we are. We can start with whatever concerns us, with whatever is lying most heavily on our hearts, whatever is irritating or frustrating us.
   Be pointed. Be persistent. Be patient. But pray."



Words of wisdom-

   If I find that I am judging, I cannot be loving or praying for people. But, when I see through Jesus’ eyes, I can love with His love and seek to look at people differently.


Words from the Father in a journal:

"I want you to become more conscious of My Presence with you. You saw the expression on someone's face when you mentioned My being there with you in the person of My Son. Not many people understand that Jesus is actually with them. You are to acknowledge My Presence so that I can be more Real to you. My desire is to enable you to turst Me better and to know the truth that I really do exist! My whole purpose is to become Real to My people. A new concept is about to dawn on them. Jesus is actually with them!"

 
Special words of faith-

~ Clarence L. Haynes Jr.- "If there is one topic you should get excited about as a believer in Jesus Christ, it is heaven. I would even say if you can’t get excited about heaven, then you need to check your heart, because heaven is our eternal home. Everything we do in this life should be geared toward the day we see Jesus face-to-face. Ultimately, he is our eternal reward, and we will have the privilege of spending eternity with him."


#6  Parallel between Moses and Messiah:

Moses experienced forty years in the desert and trained as a shepherd before stepping into his role as Israel's deliverer (Exodus 3:1; Acts 7:30).

Messiah was tested for forty days in the desert before stepping into His role as the Good Shepherd and Redeemer (Matthew 4; John 10:11).



Upcoming posts:

27th- MUFFIN MOTIVATIONAL MANAGEMENT
          Laurie Herlich

6/3rd-  HELP ME, GOD
          Suzanne Eller

10th- FEELING GOD'S TOUCH
          Tammy Boyd



The North Country Christian Fellowship Center Churches,

located in the St. Lawrence county of NY,

broadcast their Sunday services at 10 or 10:15

You can view past services too.

Sermon listing:https://www.cfconline.org/sermon-library 


No comments:

Post a Comment