Saturday, December 3, 2011

How Will You Answer God's Call?



“God raises ‘deliverers’ during times of need.”


"'Now come, I will send you back to Egypt.' This is the same Moses whom they had rejected with the words, 'Who made you ruler and judge?' He was sent to be their ruler and deliverer by God himself, through the angel who appeared to him in the bush. He led them out of Egypt and did wonders and miraculous signs in Egypt, at the Red Sea and for forty years in the desert." Acts 7:34b-36


From Pocket Devotions   www.ptl.org


“Thoughts for Today:


     As Stephen recounts the story of Moses to the Sanhedrin, he uses these words of God to Moses, ‘Now come, I will send you back to Egypt.’ I just absolutely love that statement! God had just finished telling Moses how he had seen the oppression of His people, heard their groaning, and was going to come down to set them free and make things right. Moses must have been thinking how fun it will be to be a spectator to this event -- he must have been shocked when God told him, ‘I will send you back to Egypt.’


     Isn't that just like us? We want God to get in there and fix our problem (right the injustice and deliver the innocent). But isn't that just like God to say, 'Okay -- come on -- right now -- let's do it -- hmmm….who will I send? -- oh yeah -- I'll send you!' That's usually not what we have in mind when we ask for God's intercession. We want God to do it and leave us on the sideline to watch.


     God raises ‘deliverers’ during times of need. Why? I believe it is because God makes himself known -- less from the miracle than through the testimony and life of the one who accepts God's call. Moses accepted God's call, and the Israelites were led out of captivity as a result.


Questions to Ponder:


     In what area of your life are you asking for God to intercede? When (not if) He asks you, 'Now come, I will send you,’ how will you answer”?


Psalm 119:33-40   (Message Bible)


“God, teach me lessons for living
   so I can stay the course.
Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—
   my whole life one long, obedient response.
Guide me down the road of your commandments;
   I love traveling this freeway!
Give me a bent for your words of wisdom,
   and not for piling up loot.
Divert my eyes from toys and trinkets,
   invigorate me on the pilgrim way.
Affirm your promises to me—
   promises made to all who fear you.
Deflect the harsh words of my critics—
   but what you say is always so good.
See how hungry I am for your counsel;
   preserve my life through your righteous ways!”




"Do you question God's direction? Do you ask for God's leadership and guidance, and then ask someone else for permission and a second opinion? Have you given or do you give yourself permission to follow God? What thoughts do you need to change so you don't "second guess" God?"   (Taken from The Pocket Testament League’s Dec. 2nd post)


Jean’s email jowildflowers@gmail.com
Blog:  jean-oathout.blogspot.com






No comments:

Post a Comment