Friday, August 17, 2012

Baby Steps




I wonder how I ended up here?

Cheryl Cunningham  asks, "Have you ever found yourself saying those words? 

Finding yourself somewhere you didn’t plan to be, whether it’s a physical location or an emotional state, can lead to all kinds of trouble.

The Bible tells us God isn’t the author of confusion, but of peace.

He is also a God of order. He shows evidence of this all throughout the Bible.

One example of God’s order is shown in His instructions to Noah for building the ark. 

Specific details were given regarding the type of wood, dimensions, placement of decks, windows, doors, etc.

The purpose of this ark was to save Noah and his family from the flood. 

Most likely, that made no sense to Noah (since it had never rained on earth before) but he listened when God spoke and he obeyed.

It took Noah 120 years of step-by-step construction to complete his task. 

All the while, friends and neighbors laughed at him, but he didn’t quit.

Imagine if Noah had felt overwhelmed and gave up . . . or just never heard God in the first place. None of us would be here.

It is said if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

I admit this disturbs me because I’m not an organized person.

However, about a year and a half ago, I lost fifty pounds (something I never thought I could do) because I set a goal and followed my plan. 

Day by day, meal by meal, I decided which foods were worth it. 

This dream became reality through God’s strength and my baby steps. If I had given no thought to my previous poor choices, I would weigh the same (or more) today.

Proverbs teaches that where there is no vision, the people perish. 

Simply put, the Word of the Lord protects us from dangerous circumstances that cause us shame or harm. 

I don’t want to be the proverbial simpleton who goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

Pay attention. Life is a gift—each day a fresh start. 

What will you do with yours? Let God take you where He wants. 

Think about it. Plan your path, grab your Father’s hand and don’t let go.

Remember . . . .baby steps."

"Ponder the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established." Pro. 4:26

Baby Steps  – Cheryl Cunningham

Cheryl Cunningham lives in New Jersey with her husband of twenty years. 

She is a stay-at-home mom to their four children and enjoys spending time with family and friends. 

She grew up in a Christian home as a 'preacher’s kid.' 

Though she accepted Christ as her Savior when she was a child, she did not truly begin to walk with Him until her early thirties. 

Her love of writing was discovered about ten years ago when, through the loss of her unborn baby, a poem was born. 

She writes for the sheer joy of it but hopes to also encourage others through sharing what God has done in her life.

Read Cheryl’s devotions.
Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!


Today’s treasure truth #27: If you are “born again”, you are more than a conqueror. (Rom. 8:37)


Our thought for today: Commit your life into God's Hands.

Jean’s book:


Kindle $1.99

My book in paperback

Wisdom for Brides (Christian

Marriage, Counseling, & Help) 








No comments:

Post a Comment