Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Persevering Through Disappointment


Photo courtesy of microsoft.com free image gallery
Disappointment - Discouragement

Kathy Cheek says, "When you feel like disappointment will tear you down and wear you out…become strong through endurance"

"Something hurt me. My initial reaction was deep disappointment, so I asked God to protect my heart and to not let it discourage me.

I fell asleep with that prayer on my lips and awoke with a lighter heart and a genuinely carefree attitude.

I felt the victory of not succumbing to disappointment’s strong sway.

There was a new and welcome lightness in my heart and I whispered to myself, 'It’s as if there is a shield around me, and God is protecting my heart.

I feel it. I shouldn't feel this good after experiencing that kind of hurt, but I do. I know this is the Lord meeting my need, encouraging me as only He can.'

I was grateful for this answer to prayer.

I’ve not always won this battle over disappointment, but God was teaching me through each experience that I shouldn’t let it stop me.

I shouldn’t let the negative circumstances cause me defeat.

Paul understood what disappointment and hardship was and with each brush of frustration, he forged ahead, rejoicing every step.

He never let his circumstance tie him down. What an example of perseverance and determination.

Don’t let disappointment become a repeating message in your mind and never let it stop you.

There are lessons to be learned from these experiences and there is growth that must take place.

Your ego may get bruised and doubt may make you feel incapable. But you aren’t.

When you feel like disappointment will tear you down and wear you out…become strong through endurance and learn this is a life experience that helps you grow and mature.

Choose to persevere through disappointment and let God build a strong character and heart that will bring a healthy balance to your life.

"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4

Persevering T
hrough Disappointment – Kathy Cheek

Posted on August 29, 2012 by Senior Editor, Cindy Sproles of www.christiandevotions.us

Kathy Cheek is a freelance writer with articles appearing in various Christian publications.

You can read her weekly devotions on her site In Quiet Places @ www.kathycheek.com and find out about her book, First Breath of Morning.

She and her husband live in Dallas, Texas and have two grown daughters who also reside in the Dallas area.



Read Kathy’s devotions.
Used by permission from www.christiandevotions.us


Tomorrow’s post:  The Male Pride Factor: Prayer Note #74  Dutch Sheets

Today’s
 treasure truth: If you are “born again”, you are observing and doing the Lord's commandments. (Deu. 28:12)
Our thought for today: Ask God what He wants you to do next.

If you'd like
 to hear a message by Pastor Rick Sinlair entitled "God Uses People: The Divine-Human Connection",go to www.cfconline.org , click on sermons and choose June 3, 2012. There are many sermons there by him, Pastor Ben Levenduski, and even one by Pastor Mike Thomford, of the Richville church for folks to choose from.
So You Plan to Marry a Man See it on Amazon!

A 31-day devotional book for
Women contemplating marriage
And looking for godly advice.





 Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse Kindle $3 (The new title and cover of my book)


Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout




No comments:

Post a Comment