Wednesday, October 17, 2012

No Sleeping Allowed





Wendy Dunham asks, "Does the devil whisper lies or threats in your ear?

" I can fall asleep at the most inconvenient times – when I’m behind a steering wheel waiting at a stop light, on my lunch break, when working with my students, and even during a powerful church service.

Thankfully I have an excuse – I have narcolepsy. 

Since I was diagnosed, I no longer struggle as much with an insatiable desire to sleep. I now take medication to keep alert. 

I’m no longer in such danger, and life is incredibly better.

Peter warns us that all of us are in danger of sleeping. He tells us to keep alert. 

We need to be prepared for our enemy, the Devil, whose main goal is to seek, devour, and destroy. He especially seeks those who are doing something great for the kingdom of God. 

We are the ones who threaten him.

As a writer, my desire is to bring glory to God through words on a page. The Devil hates that. He seeks to destroy me. He whispers in my ear: 'Your writing is awful. Actually, it stinks. No one will read your work anyway, so why bother?'

But with the power of God, I can resist his threats. I am alert and wide awake. I know the enemy’s plan. 

Knowing this, I make a choice not to let the devil silence my words. I have made a vow that I will write for God for the rest of my days.

Does the devil whisper lies or threats in your ear? 

He’ll try to prevent and discourage you from using your gift or calling. When he does, remember you are alert and wide awake. You know the devil’s plan ahead of time. 

You are prepared. Now you must make a choice…listen to the lies of the enemy or rely on God’s power and continue forward with His call on your life.

What’s your choice?"

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8

No Sleeping Allowed – Wendy Dunham

Posted on by , Cindy Sproles of www.christiandevotions.us

Photo courtesy of microsoft.com free image gallery



Wendy Dunham works full-time as a registered therapist for children and part-time with the elderly. 

She enjoys writing for both children and adults. 

She has written for Focus on the Family Club House Jr. Magazine and their website, Guideposts periodicals such as Shine Brightly, Touch, DevoZine, and books such as God Allows U-Turns, The Choices Teens Make, Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul 2, Stories for a Teen’s Heart, Book 3, as well as others.

 These books feature her short stories, devotionals, poetry, and interactive games. 

Wendy has two children and four goofy cats. She enjoys kayaking and biking with friends. Please visit her website at littlepiecesofhope.com.

Read Wendy’s devotions.

Used by permission by www.christiandevotions.us


Tomorrow’s post: God is Light: Prayer Note #82  Dutch Sheets
Today’s treasure truth #8: If you are “born again”, you are partaker of His Divine Nature. 2 Peter 1:4
Our thought for today: The pain of discipline is temporary—failure hurts more.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1938499999/  Link to Granny’s Guide to Marriage in Verse  my book with new title and cover for women contemplating marriage.


Samples of Jean's crafts & craft blanks




No comments:

Post a Comment