Thursday, November 15, 2012

His Throne in Our Heart; Prayer Note #90


Dutch Sheets tells us, "There are probably reasons I am not aware of for the need for persistence in prayer.

I certainly don’t have all the prayer answers, but I want to submit one explanation for your consideration. 

   I believe our prayers do more than simply motivate the Father to action. I have become convinced of something Gordon Lindsay, a great man of prayer and the founder of Christ for the Nations, called the ‘substance’ of prayer. 

   In fairness, I must say I don’t believe it can be conclusively proven, but there is great weight of evidence suggesting it, and I have embraced it as truth. 

   The concept is that our prayers do more than just motivate the Father to action. They actually release the power of the Holy Spirit from us to accomplish things. Certain types of praying would of course do this more than others.
 


·        Speaking the Word of God as a sword into situations (see Eph. 6:17)

·        General declarations or commands are other activities that release the power of the Holy Spirit (see Matt. 17:20; Mark 11:23).

·        The practice of the laying on of hands is another scriptural method of imparting power (see Mark 16:18; Heb. 6:2). 


   That there is literal power from the Holy Spirit which can be released from us is absolute. The power of God that brings life, healing and wholeness to the earth flows out from usthe Church. 


   When He moves to release power upon the earth, it doesn’t have to shoot out of the sky somewhereit comes from His people where His Spirit dwells upon the earth."

Prayer Note #90 -His Throne in Our Heart, taken from Dutch Sheets’ book, Intercessory Prayer (199, 200)  


"Father, help me believe that the power of God flows through me when I pray, bringing life, healing and wholeness to those I pray for!)

The next Prayer Note on 11/20- The Church, God's Womb Upon the Earth: Prayer Note #91 Dutch Sheets 
Tomorrow’s post: Letter From Mother to Daughter  Kylie Reynolds-Jones
Today’s treasure truth #36: If you are “born again”, you are a laborer together w/ God. (1 Cor. 3:9) 
Our thought for today: Come on, don't give up! God's got a reward for you!


Samples of Jean's crafts 

No comments:

Post a Comment