Saturday, November 10, 2012

Reasons to Love Conviction

Elaine Price shares with us, “Satan told Eve the lies he continues to whisper into every human heart today. 

'Why should I do what God says when I can do whatever I want? Have you ever believed that lie?' 

I asked my children this one morning.
I wasn’t really expecting any answers.

With tears in his eyes, Joel raised his hand and said, 'I have, Mama.' Conviction fell over our breakfast table as my newly saved six-year-old threw himself into my arms.
He breathed heavily as I told him, 'I have believed Satan’s lies too. We all have. The good news is when we ask Jesus to forgive us – He does.'

Conviction of sin is not enjoyable, but it is the first step to forgiveness. We will never repent of sins if we do not know they are wrong in God’s sight.



The conviction of the Holy Spirit is a bulldozer breaking up the rubble of sin on the road to God.

It is necessary to bring us to repentance, which will then lead to forgiveness and freedom.

I know all these facts. Sounds appealing, but I don’t always open up when I feel the Holy Spirit knocking. 

It feels as if He is coming to bring me bad news when in reality, He is coming to bring me hope — hope that God can change me.
Joel didn’t run from the Holy Spirit. He actually welcomed Him. 

My son taught me to be honest with God and myself about where I am struggling.


I want to throw open the doors of my heart to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to convict me of what is keeping me from God. I want to raise my hand as Joel did and proclaim, 'I have God!'

When is the last time you allowed God full access? Open yourself to Him today and ask Him for conviction leading to forgiveness. He will come with power into your life and change you. He will set you free."

"He will convict the world about sin, righteousness, and judgment…" (John 16:8 HCSB)

Reasons to Love ConvictionElaine Price

Elaine Price is a minister’s wife, a freelance writer, and a student of God’s Word. 

Visit her blog at www.devotionsforthejourney.blogspot.com.

She is also very active in the music and preschool activities at her home church.

She and her husband and three young sons make their home in Odenville, Alabama.

Read Elaine’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!



Used by permission by www.christiandevotions.us

Tomorrow’s post:  Does the Holy Spirit Have You?  Pocket Devotions
Today’s treasure truth #31: If you are “born again”, you are not moved by what you see. (2 Cor. 4:18)
Our thought for today: Do you have unconfessed sins? Confess them to Jesus and get back in fellowship with Him.




Samples of Jean's crafts 
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout  

No comments:

Post a Comment