Tuesday, December 25, 2012

England's Call to a Reluctant Prophet: Prayer Note #101


Google image



   Dutch Sheets shares with us that “In May of 1994 this same group (Derek Brant, Lew Sunderland, and Michael Massa from England), invited me back to England, along with a worship team from the States, led by a close friend and associate, David Morris.


    ‘It is time to follow up our last meeting by marrying the Spirit and Word through anointed prophetic worship, followed by you, Dutch, speaking a prophetic message over the nation’ they told me.

    ‘We’re going to rent some of the old cathedrals around England and have the services in them. We feel this will release some things in the spirit and further pave the way for God to move.' 


   'I don’t have a prophetic message for England and besides, I’m too busy,’ was my response. I maintained this position for months, up until several weeks before the meetings were to take place.

   At the time three different intercessors told me within the span of one week that I had missed God’s leading and was supposed to go to England. 


   Being the astute man spiritually that I am, three independent words of correction were enough. After the last one, I immediately picked up the phone and instructed my secretary to call England informing them that I had missed God and would come if they had no one else. 


   ‘No, we don’t have anyone else’ they told her. ‘We knew he was supposed to do it. We've just been waiting for him to hear.’ 

It makes you feel terribly unspiritual when everyone in the world knows God’s will for your life, but you!


    [The Lord spoke to Dutch:] ‘You are not preaching to the people in attendance tonight. You are preaching to this nation. 

You are to declare My Word to it, calling it back to righteousness, to holiness, to repentance, to Me. Call forth My anointing, My fire and My presence to this land again.’
  


   We received a call from England the week following our ministry. The message was, ’Revival has broken out in London.’  Renewal had, indeed, hit the nation, with many people coming to Christ and thousands receiving a renewing touch of the Holy Spirit.” 


Today’s Prayer Note #101 England’s Call to a Reluctant Prophet -taken from Dutch Sheets’ book, Intercessory Prayer (pgs. 216-218)

[Father, we ask that You help us listen to, and obey Your instructions for us. May we not ignore what we know You're asking of us.] 


The next Prayer Note:12/27- The Boomerang Anointing: Action and Declaration: Prayer Note #102

Today’s quote:  "As we celebrate the first coming of the Prince of Peace and wait for his second coming, we are reminded of our privilege to serve as His 'carriers of compassion.' -Dennis Fisher

Lord, You have come and brought peace, and I long to

share Your compassion everywhere I go.
Thank You that this world will know ultimate peace
when You return. Amen
True peace comes from the Prince of Peace."
Our Daily Bread
12/23/12
Our thought for today:  Our gift of faith is released through prayer for special reasons and seasons. (Benny Hinn)
Tomorrow’s post:  Do You Expect God to Answer Your Prayer?  Sharon Jaynes
A popular post:  WHY DID JESUS GO TO THE WEDDING?   

So You Plan to Marry a Man  / 
Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  (new title and new cover) 

A devotional book for women
contemplating marriage and
looking for godly advice.

Samples of Jean's crafts    

http://twitter.com/jeanoathout

http://facebook.com/jean.oathout  





No comments:

Post a Comment