Sunday, December 9, 2012

He Hears Every Prayer





Cindy Sproles shares with us her experience at a youth meeting:

“It’s your turn to pray. Just want you to have a heads up.' Our youth leader patted me on the shoulder.

I fumbled in my pocket for the tiny sheet of paper with my cheat notes. First my left pocket, then my right, then my rear pocket. Great, I’ve lost my notes.

'Will you lead our prayer?'

My mind went blank.

'Lord, help me pray.' The words fell from my mouth before I realized what I’d said. Snickers rumbled in the room.

It did seem like an oxymoron asking God to help be pray, but as a shy teenager, insecure in what others thought of me, I needed help. Who better to ask than God? The next words that left my lips were praises.


Requests. Then thanks. And before I knew it, God had helped me pray.

I’ve never forgotten that. In one awkward request, God took my hand and proved on the spot, He heard every word. I grew to love prayer after that.

My friend says God listens to me when I pray. I say, my prayers are no greater than anyone else’s. God doesn’t play favorites.

There’s no reason to be fancy in my requests because God already sees my heart as completely naked and vulnerable before Him.

My words don’t have to be unique, only sincere, and my relationship…tight.

There are those who are far more polished in their presentations. Others who gracefully spin sincere and touching thoughts, none to which I can compare. But God doesn’t look at the beauty of our prayers.

He basks in the time to build the relationship.

I’ve found a few friends I know lift me before Christ every day. There’s Dee Dee who, when I least expect it, sends me a note to say, 'I prayed for my Cindy Peach today.' 

There’s Phyllis who faithfully and unselfishly takes me to the feet of Christ. Tim, Eddie, Gary, Ann. Their prayers help shape me.


Christ taught us to pray, then commanded us to continue. He never stopped praying, even as He took His last breath, He prayed for our forgiveness.

Follow Christ’s example and pray for those you know. Lift them before an omniscient and sovereign God. He hears every prayer."

"Then he prayed, 'Lord, you are the God of my master Abraham. Give me success today. Be kind to my master Abraham.' " Genesis 24:12 New International Reader’s Version (NIRV)

Posted on by Senior Editor, Cindy Sproles of www.christiandevotions.us

Read Cindy’s devotions.

Eddie Jones and Cindy Sproles are friends and cofounders of ChristianDevotions.us. 

They cowrite the popular He Said, She Said devotions and host Blog Talk Radio’s Christian Devotions SPEAK UP! along with Scott McCausey.

Eddie and Cindy travel and speak at conferences across the country and they are available to speak at your church or conference. Contact them at cindy@christiandevotions.us.

Receive He Said, She Said on your Kindle!


Need to change your husband? Change your sheets. Want to change jobs? Change your sheets. Long for a new life? Just change your sheets. God uses our life experiences to shape us.

When the friction of frustration chaffs the skin, God offers us respite and rest. For author Cindy Sproles, sleeping on worn-out sheets meant holding on to the past, but new sheets…new sheets marked a fresh start. The slate wiped clean. Crisp. Fresh. New.

With each monumental event in her life, she tossed out the old and ushered in the new with a set of fresh new sheets.

From the cheapest muslin to the most expensive Egyptian cotton, she saw how God was shaping her into the woman she needed to be.

When the road is tough, veer off and step onto a path that is tried and true. One already walked, already blazed, and already prepared just for you.

New Sheets – Thirty Days to Refine You into the Woman You Can Be, is a series of thirty transparent devotions and inspirational thoughts that welcome you, wrap you tight, and snuggle you in encouragement. The next time you long for a change…go for new sheets.

Print version $11.95 Kindle #3.29

Receive He Said, She Said on your Kindle! 
Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us 

 Other posts perhaps you may like to read: Be Still  ,   A Youth Leader’s Wife  

 [Father, may we be willing to look to You for new direction, when we sense we've come to an impasse. Help us to be willing to accept advice that is available to us through books, such as Cindy's devotional.]
Our quote today: "My time in prison...cannot be called punishment, because it's part of my faith test."  — Dawud  {taken from Dec. '12 copy of Voice of the Martyrs} 
Our thought for today: Our prayers at times of emotional stress are not very noble, but they are real and honest before God.
Monday’s post: Single Believer Germaine Copeland

Tuesday's post by Dutch Sheets: Tipping the Prayer Bowls of Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment