Saturday, January 12, 2013

Crumbling Walls


Anxiety, fear, hopelessness held her.


Jackie Confalone shares with us: "One by one they tumbled out. I wanted to weep.

Anxiety, sleeplessness, exhaustion, financial worries, and a serious accident due to being over-medicated.

These were the prayer requests of the 'good kids.' What about those who don’t know Christ?

At the university where I work, there is a club where Christian students fellowship.

My husband and I have come alongside the pastor to support him and his ministry to students there.

Toward the end of the semester, the students shared their prayer requests.

A young girl handed me a note asking for prayer and help with a serious personal issue. She was too ashamed to share it aloud. Her walls were crumbling.

My heart was heavy for these students and on the way home, I wept. I fasted and prayed, and several days later God gave me a plan to help this student strengthen her walls.

When Nehemiah’s brothers came to see him, Nehemiah cut the small talk and asked about the wall of Jerusalem. Sadly, the brothers reported it had large holes, was in rubble, and the gates were burned down.

Nehemiah’s first reaction? He sat down and wept. Then he fasted and prayed, asking for God’s favor and wisdom, which was granted.

Jerusalem’s wall was rebuilt in an astounding fifty-two days. Jerusalem’s enemies were filled with fear and awe because they realized this could only be accomplished with the help of God.

God proved it then and He continues to prove…nothing is impossible with Him.

My tears for these students emanated from their current pain and the perseverance that would be needed to rebuild the holes in their walls.

Rebuilding and restoration can be long and difficult, but drawing on God’s strength can favorably change that process.

When your wall is crumbling, it’s okay to weep. Then fast and pray for God’s wisdom and forgiveness. Wait for Him to give you your first brick to rebuild your wall.

As you obey Him, you will amaze others with your transformation, and you will draw others to Christ, as they will want to know the architect who remodeled and rebuilt your life."

"When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven…" Nehemiah 1:4

Crumbling Walls – Jackie Confalone
Photo courtesy microsoft.com free image gallery


Jackie Confalone lives in Pennsylvania with her “groom” of thirty years, Gary.

They have two grown children. She loves God, Jesus, her family, ministering and teaching with her husband, teaching fitness classes, sleeping, technology, writing, and cherry pie—in that order.

She has started posting some writings at http://jackieconfalone.wordpress.com.
Read Jackie’s devotions


Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!





Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us

 Psalm 25:20-21  "Oh, keep my soul, and deliver me; Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for You. (NKJV)

Today’s quote: Sharon Jaynes – “Dear Lord, forgive me for trying to fix other people’s problems when they are not mine to fix. Today, I’m committing to watch, to listen, to pray, and to love. Help me not to get in Your way of what You are doing in someone else’s life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen” [10/30/12]
Our thought for today: We all need friends who understand us and our needs, and who'll give encouragements to help us believe in God's help.
Sunday's post: Setting a Whole New Standard  Mike, of Pocket Devotions
A popular post:  DO YOU BELIEVE GOD SEES YOUR NEED?  

                    So You Plan to Marry a Man 

                   A 31-day devotional book for
            women contemplating marriage 
              and looking for godly advice.

                         jowildflowers@gmail.com



                         Samples of Jean's crafts 

                      Crafts order blank link 


                   http://twitter.com/jeanoathout

                http://facebook.com/jean.oathout


No comments:

Post a Comment