Friday, January 11, 2013

Don't Worry...Relax


photo courtesy microsoft.com free image gallery

Bills are always due



Esse shares with us, "This morning I had to reassert where I put my trust: the promises of the Lord, or Sally & Sam’s seven steps to success, wealth, and younger looking skin?


I giggled through shimmery tears and exhaled as I read this scripture. "What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving." Matthew 6.30-33 MSG

Thank You, Jesus, for Your word.

This is what the Holy Spirit reminded me of today. A new financial challenge appeared and immediately I cried out, 'Lord, how am I ever going to make this happen?' He laughed and sent me into the scriptures saying, 'You’re not.'

The world continually sends out a message: work! It says, 'God helps those who help themselves,' and 'You will eat by the sweat of your brow.'

Meanwhile, God tells me to rest, relax, trust Him, seek His Kingdom. I am no longer under the curse of the first Adam, but the abundance of the last Adam.

I’m not under the world system, but seated in heavenly places. While the world spins its wheels to get, I receive. While the world frets, I believe.

Scripture promises God will provide. The enemy of our souls does everything he can to steal peace and to cause us to believe we need to do more to get what we need.

He wants you to worry, strive, and stress out, while God wants you to relax and trust He’s got it. He knows when we fret over finances we take our eyes off of Jesus.

But when we choose to turn to Christ and to trust Him, then we get to enjoy His presence, His word, His instructions, His peace.





Enjoy the Lord’s peace today. His peace is your weapon. 

That’s why Jesus said, “Do not worry…but seek first His Kingdom.” Treasure Him, and turn to Him only.

Turn to His word, His presence.

The Kingdom is where God is trusted and worshiped; where you enjoy Him and speak to Him all day about everything, listening for Him, hearing Him. It’s where God and His love reign in you and all around you.

Today, let Him show you His Kingdom. And relax. God wants to give you everything."
Don’t Worry…Relax! – Esseavatar
Photo courtesy microsoft.com free image gallery

Esse is a writer, intercessor, and worship leader, madly in love with her Savior and also happily married. 

She lives in the beautiful Montana hills with her husband and cat and is part of a small intimate community of Christians. 

Her deep desire is to see the Church healthy and strong, trusting and delighting in the Lord, and worshiping Him in everything.

Read Esse’s devotions.
Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!





Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us

[Father, help me remember that when I choose to turn to Christ and to trust Him, I'll get to enjoy Your presence, Your word, Your instructions, Your peace.]

Psalms 3:3-6  "But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head. I cried to the LORD with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill. Selah. I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around."


Today’s quote:  Mary Southerland – “Father, thank You for the promise of rest when we come to You. It seems like I am always tired and every step is hard. Please forgive me when I turn to You as a last resort instead of running to You first. Today, I turn to You, Lord, for rest. In Jesus’ name, amen.”

Our thought for today:  You can't think sad thoughts and feel happy! Expect God to do something!

Tomorrow’s post:  Crumbling Walls  Jadine Confalone 

A popular post:   BE STILL AND KNOW  


A 31-day devotional book for
Women contemplating marriage
 And looking for godly advice.




No comments:

Post a Comment