Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Saying What God Says: Prayer Note #107






Dutch Sheets shares with us in his book, Intercessory Prayer, that “The word in the New Testament for ‘confession’ is homologia, which means ‘say the same thing.’

 Biblical confession is saying what God says – no more, no less. If it isn't what God is saying about a situation, it does nothing. 

But if it is what He says, it accomplishes much.

   God’s method of reproducing or bringing forth life is His Word by which we are: born again (see 1 Pet. 1:23), cleansed (see John 15:3), matured (see Matt. 13:23), freed (see John 8:31, 32), healed (see Ps. 107:20) – as well as many other results. 

When God speaks His word, He is sprinkling seeds that will bring forth. 

The Word of God is never ineffective; it will always produce. 

When we speak God’s Words into situations, as the Holy Spirit directs, we are sprinkling the seeds of God, which then gives Him the ability to cause life to come forth!

   Plant your own personal garden. Tend it well. See if God’s Word won’t produce a harvest. Re-present the victory of Calvary from your mouth.

   Job 6:25 (KJV) reads: “How forcible are right words!”

[Father, may I be aware of what You're speaking to me, and may I be ready to share, once I understand Your directions are clear to me.]

Today’s Prayer Note #107Saying What God Says, taken from Dutch Sheets’ book, Intercessory Prayer (pgs.226, 227 )

The next Prayer Note: 1/17 Prophesying to Bones and Breath

Today’s quote:  Oswald Chambers - Will is the whole man active. I cannot give up my will, I must exercise it. I must will to obey, and I must will to receive Gods Spirit. When God gives a vision of truth it is never a question of what He will do, but of what we will do.[July 8, pg.392 of his Devotions for MORNING and EVENING with  Oswald Chambers]

Our thought for today:  How I respond to sin in someone is my issue.

Tomorrow’s post:  Stick Shift Life  Susan Lyttek

Thursday's post:   Prophesying to Bones and Breath: Prayer Note #108

  Take My Heart Captive    [song by Gwen Smith]

A 31-day devotional book for
Women contemplating marriage
 And looking for godly advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment