Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Stick Shift Life


Shift into gear with Christ
Shift into gear with Christ

Susan Lyttek shares with us, "I love to drive a stick shift. 

Many of my friends and family think it odd. 


But when driving manual is at its best, the car and I become one. No one driving on the road near us can tell my car is any different than an automatic. 


It’s only when I miss a shift or grind the gears that my role in the car’s progress along the road becomes painfully obvious.


According to recent data, manual (otherwise known as stick shift) car sales are on the rise. Often they are less costly to purchase.They have lower maintenance costs and get better gas mileage. 


In today’s economy, more people are willing to put up with the inconvenience of using a clutch when their budget is tight.


The full-body driving experience of cruising down the road in my little stick shift automobile reminds me of living the Christian life. 


When Christ and I are one, no one riding along the path of life can see me, my sins, or my failings. 


They see Christ. It’s only when I get out of sync with Him by ignoring my quiet time or forgetting to pray that others can see my role in this drive of life.


I hurt others inadvertently. I lose strength and can’t go on. I do things I shouldn't and avoid things I should do.


 My clumsy attempts to live a good life without Jesus look jerky, pathetic or mired in self-centeredness. Thankfully, I only have to ask Him to take over to get back in gear.


It’s been said, 'Let Jesus take the wheel,' and when I do, the ride is smooth. 



Scoot over and let Him shift the gears."


"You put on the new man, the one created according to God’s likeness in righteousness and purity of truth." Ephesians 4:24

St
ick Shift Life – Susan Lyttek

Post
ed on  by r, Cindy Sproles, www.christiandevotions.us
Photo courtesy of microsoft.com free image gallery

Susan Lyttek, a homeschooling mother, writes from the D.C. suburbs and coaches writing online. 


When she lets Christ drive, she has written and published everything from plays to interviews to short stories, greeting cards, and the recent mystery novel Homeschooling Can Be Murder
(Harbourlight Books, 2012).

Read Susan’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!


Susan asked to have the following notice added:

Just released! A middle grade comedy from Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas

Guzzy Goofball and the Homeschool Play from Outer Space

Currently available
Homeschooling Can Be Murder
(A Talbott Family Mystery)
from Harbourlight Books
 
And coming soon...a new Talbott Family Mystery from Harbourlight Books 
Killer Field Trip


Used by permission by www.christiandevotions.us


[Father, it is a joy
 to walk with You. Help me to be faithful with my praying and Bible reading, so I'll remain strong in my faith.]


Today’s quote:  Frances Pasch - “Remember, God is not looking for extraordinary people; He is looking for ordinary people like you and me through whom He can do extraordinary things. We just need to be open to His will for our lives so that He can be gloried through us.” [1/6/13]

Our thought for today:  All our problems start in our minds...

Tomorrow’s post:  Prophesying to Bones and Breath: Prayer Note #108  Dutch Sheets

A popular post: QUIET AND AT REST   Merlin Carothers tells us, “For most of our lives our happiness depended on having what we wanted. It’s easy for many of us to still have that feeling!"



Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 A review would be appreciated.
Bridal Shower Devotional: Bridal Wisdom for Women

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse 
My book in paperback $7.95 (Check out the
Reviews on the Kindle page of my book)

Wisdom for Brides (Christian Marriage,
Counseling, & Help) (Volume 1)


jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)
Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout






No comments:

Post a Comment