Monday, January 14, 2013

God's Plan


Mondy in money out
“The bank called today. They’ll start foreclosure proceedings this week.'

Despite the knowledge this day was coming, my stomach twisted. 

I stared at my husband, wordlessly.

Unemployment—weeks that had stretched into months had slowly taken away even some of our most basic needs.

We’d gotten by with help from family and friends, limping along, just barely. Gift baskets of food had kept us fed and a twenty dollar bill stuffed into my hand had allowed us gas in the car for another week. We counted ourselves blessed despite the poverty that consumed us, because we knew God was in control.

Then—a breakthrough! My husband landed a good job and was bringing home regular paychecks. But the months of unpaid bills would continue to plague us, for some things couldn’t be paid back fast enough to satisfy our creditors.
Already slapped with a judgment from a collection agency, we now faced the loss of our home.

Clasping hands, my husband and I cried out our frustrations and fears in tenacious prayers. We claimed the promise of Jeremiah 29 for the thousandth time.

With faith that only comes from trials, we resolutely surrendered all those fears.  'Lord, whatever happens, we trust you. If losing our house is part of your greater plan for our lives, we will accept this. It hurts, but we’ll accept it.'

We were both filled with a sense of peace even as we cried together. It’s was as if God was saying, 'I’ve got this. Don’t worry. Let it go.'

The day the foreclosure proceedings were to be filed, I crept through it, committed to trusting our Jehovah Jirah. At 2:45 my husband called. He’d been in contact with our pastor through all of this, and now had a miracle to share.

 Our church family had banded together to raise the funds needed to satisfy the bank! We’d be able to wire the money by the end of the day.

Overwhelming shock, relief, and gratitude rendered us both at a loss for words.

 Yet, is this not our God at work? Did we not surrender it all at His feet and trust Him to take care of it? God had a plan for our lives.

He has one for you too. Reach out and accept it."

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future…" Jeremiah 29:11

God's Plan - Robyn Burke
Posted by Senior Editor, Cindy Sproles of www.christiandevotions.us

Photo courtesy of microsoft.com free image gallery

Living faithfully, loving fully, laughing freely, is Robyn Burke’s credo.

 A published author at the age of thirteen, Robyn knew early on that God had gifted her with a love for writing.

A 2009 NaNoWriMo winner, her first love is the short story, as evidenced at Faithwriters.com.

She’s also a faithful blogger (burkemissiontravels.blogspot.com) where through her postings she shares her belief that 'every moment of our lives is a mission experience when we live for Jesus.'

Read Robyn’s devotions.




Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us

 [Father, when I'm doubting Your ability to help me with what concerns me, please draw me closer to Your Heart through Your Word. I know I will find Your comfort in them.   Jer. 29:11 is a good one to start with...]

Our quote for today:  Joe McKeever  “If I cave in to an outspoken member, if out of fear for my job I take the path of least resistance and speak on nothing controversial, if I shy away from addressing giving and tithing because someone will be unhappy, in addition to disappointing my Lord and abandoning those who depend on our faithfulness, I betray my own members and end up destroying my own self-respect.”

Our thought for today: Help me hold onto You to show me the way that's best. 

Tomorrow’s post:  Prophesying to Bone and Breath: Prayer Note #107  Dutch Sheets


Another popular post:  I Need Rest!

jowildflowers@gmail.com 




A 31-day devotional book for women

contemplating marriage and

looking for godly advice. 








No comments:

Post a Comment