Sunday, March 3, 2013

Benefits of Kindness



Beth Bingaman shares with us, "Changing churches is hard but sometimes necessary. 

Building new relationships, especially if you aren’t young, can be even more difficult. 

I learned, when I was in this situation, that when I had an opportunity to connect, I needed to take it. 

That’s how I ended up behind some deep fryers to make funnel cakes.

I had to be taught the art of making funnel cakes, and even though it’s not rocket science, there is a technique. 

Once perfected, your creation will be more than just a blob of dough. 

As I learned, I was shown great kindness—my teachers were experienced and those on the receiving end of my cakes were gracious.

The kindness of my teachers went beyond teaching me. They were also gracious in every other way. 

I didn’t know the church or the kitchen layout. 

I had no idea where to be out of the way when it was necessary and I didn’t know where to find other supplies, but kindness on faces and in words was all I saw and heard.

When God’s people are kind, they reflect His character. 

"I led them with cords of kindness, with the bands of love, and I became to them as one who eases the yoke on their jaws, and I bent down to them and fed them." Hosea 11:4

Hosea talked about leading in kindness and the relief it brought to others.

When big changes come into our lives it can be stressful, but it is nothing the Lord can’t relieve when we surrender them to Him and allow His people to give us relief. 

The kindness I experienced came in the little things—smiles, handshakes, clear direction, offering direction when I had that lost look in my eyes, and even laughing and throwing away a couple of botched funnel cakes.

As I searched the Scriptures for what God has to say about kindness, I learned those who extend His kindness will benefit more than me. 

The Lord rewards those who give kindness to others. 

It’s a fruit of the Spirit, and He is happy when we give to others what He has given to us. 

Remember this when you see new people in your church and remember your kind words. 

Share the love of Christ."

Benefits of Kindness – Beth Bingaman

Beth Bingaman   You can contact her to teach for your women’s ministry event or read her devotional blog at www.bethbingaman.com

Follow her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/#!/BethBingaman.
Read Beth’s devotions.
Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!

Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us


Let’s pray:  

   Father, help us be the kind of persons who reach out to folks. May we find them responsive to our kind acts. We know we'll appreciate other folks being kind to us! In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen

Our Scripture for today:  Ps. 18:30 "As for God, His way is perfect; the Word of the LORD is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him."

Today’s quote:  

Mary Southerland  - “We come to Jesus, asking and trusting Him to save us from the eternal burden of sin, but we find it hard to believe that He can and will carry the burdens we deal with every day. We forget that He is our Shepherd and we are His sheep, totally dependent upon Him for every need – big and small.”

Our thought for today:  It is difficult for people to maintain mental health unless they have at least one person with whom they can be emotionally honest.

Tomorrow’s post:  Prove It!  Cindy Sproles

Do you know how to find a post that might interest you? At the top of this page, to the left, you'll see a small space and a magnifying glass. Type in a title that you know of, a phrase, or a key word. A post will appear. If it's not just what you want, scroll down, it may be next. Happy reading, my friend. There are over 1100 posts to choose from!

A popular post:    The Treasure of Friendship 



No comments:

Post a Comment