Saturday, March 2, 2013

Rerouting - rerouting!

 



Randy Kilgore shares with us a conversation he was having with others in his car:

"Don't worry. I know right where I'm going.' I said to my passengers.

Then an almost-human voice ratted me out: 'Rerouting...rerouting.'Now everyone knew I was lost!

These days, millions of drivers recognize those words, or others like them, as a sign they've gone off track or missed a turn.

The GPS device not only recognizes when a driver is off course, but immediately begins plotting a new path to get back on track.

Sometimes followers of Jesus need help to get back on track spiritually. 

We may intentionally veer off course because we think we know best, or drift away slowly, failing to notice we're moving further and further from the walk God wants with us.

God has not left us on our own, however. He has given all believers the Holy Spirit John 14:16-17; 1 Cor. 3:16, who convicts us of our sin John 16:8, 13.  

When we're going off course, He sounds the alarm and triggers our conscience Gal. 5:16-25. 

We may ignore the warning, but we do so to our own detriment  Is. 63:10; Gal.6:8.

What comfort to know that God is at work in our lives through the convicting work of the Holy Spirit! Rom. 8:26-27

With God's help and guidance, we can continue on a path that is pleasing to Him."


"Holy Spirit, we would hear
 Your inner promptings, soft and clear;
And help us know Your still, small voice
So we may make God's will our choice.  D. DeHaan

We've never without a helper,
because we have the Spirit within."

Our Daily Bread
2/20/13   


Let’s pray: Father, help me remember that Your Spirit dwells in me to guide and help me do Your will for me. May I learn to be sensitive to Your leading me each day. In Jesus' name. Amen

Our Scripture for encouragement:   Prov. 8:17b "Those that seek Me early shall find Me." 
 
Today’s quote: Rick Hamlin “What I have come to recognize is that the moment of utmost helplessness is when prayer works hardest. When you have no other avenues to run to, you stop trying to fix things. 

You give up control. You accept your powerlessness. You become most willing to let God take over.” (as seen in GUIDEPOSTS March 2013)

Our thought for today: Satan wants to sift us as wheat - stomped on, thrown around. Stay true to God and His Word and be an overcomer of your trials.

Tomorrow’s post:  Benefits of Kindness  Beth Bingaman

A popular post:    What’s The Plan?    


A 31-day devotional book for
women contemplating marriage
and looking for godly advice.




No comments:

Post a Comment