Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Taking Cities and Nations for God: Prayer Note #125 3/19




Dutch Sheets shares his thoughts: “I have focused most of my attention in this book, (Intercessory Prayer), to intercession for individuals.

I would now like to comment briefly on intercession for cities and nations, especially as it relates to the watchman aspect of laying siege.

Scripture clearly shows that God deals with – relates to – not only individuals, but also groups of people.

Because of the principles of authority, responsibility, free will, sowing and reaping, etc., which operate not only on an individual level, but also on the corporate level at which individuals join, God relates to people groups. Why?

Many of the decisions we make, the rights and privileges we enjoy, are not individualistic, but are jointly made with the people to whom we relate.

For example, I make many decisions privately regarding my personal life.

But for our household – our children, finances, home, time and so on, my wife and I make the decisions together.

The same principle of shared authority can be incrementally expanded all the way up to a national level – from organizations to cities to counties to states to nations.

These groupings could be secular or religious.

In whatever way a group of people can be said to have rights, decision – making power and freedoms, there is reciprocal responsibility.

As the decisions on laws, leaders, morals, interests, tolerances and intolerances are shared, so are the ramifications.

Although we may not like it, none can live as an island.

Though we as believers can enjoy a certain degree of protection from …judgments – God might increase my prosperity to help me pay higher prices or taxes, for example – there is no way to totally avoid the principle of shared responsibility.”

Today’s Prayer Note #125 – Taking Cities and Nations for God , taken from Dutch Sheets’ book, Intercessory Prayer (250, 251)

The next Prayer Note: 3/21 -The Corporate Dealings of God: Prayer Note #126

Prayer: Father, may my resolve be to honor You with my living, no matter what takes place around me. Help me be faithful to You, and to Your Word, and what I read there. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Our Scripture for today:   Ps. 28:7  "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him."

Today’s quote: Joel T. Barnaby - "All scripture is given by inspiration of God." 2 Timothy 3:16 “God inspired men to write the Bible. Have you ever written a letter? The pen you used did not create the thoughts or ideas of that letter.

In the same way God's heart, intent and purpose are revealed in his letter to us by using men to script how He loves us. I believe it was God who wrote the Bible. Do you?"

Our thought for today:  Use the Word of God to defeat Satan's lies. (Joyce Meyers)

Tomorrow’s post:  Unconditional Love: what is it? Jean Oathout

A popular post:
THE BIRTHING PRAYER: Prayer Note # 48



Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout



No comments:

Post a Comment