Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Her Testimony




Tammie shares with us her story:

"I came from the streets, and as you read you will know how I got where I am, and why it is that I love Jesus.

It all started when I was a young child. I soon discovered my mom didn't pay much attention to me.

I was there, but I felt my mom didn't even

know I was there. No hugs, no kisses, no 'I love you.'

I began to feel there was something wrong with me, as I had been abused. I felt kind of like I was poison or invisible.

I was lonely, confused, scared, and really an outcast from the rest of the family. Not to mention dad raised me as a boy, and I was a girl. That didn't help.


Mom had talked about God when I was young, but I didn't really know Him. As I went to bed at night, I would put my head under the blankets, as I was scared.


I know now that I was safe, because Jesus was there, over my bed all night protecting me as I slept Psalm 27:10. "When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up."

As I grew older, mom sent me to Bible school and sometimes we went to this little church. But I still I didn't know much about God.

During this time, I had been abused and rejected, and I was just plain angry and hurt.


When someone introduced me to drugs and alcohol  it seemed to make the pain inside go away. 

But it was always back the next day.


So I began doing things I wouldn't normally do. I was a quiet person as a child, but not I started fights and became a monster.

I knew there had to be more to life. But what?




2 Peter 2:19  "While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."







So then, I was what they call an addict, hanging around with the very wrong people. Guns, knives, and fights. They pretended they liked me until they got what they wanted.

My money, my drugs or alcohol, or yes, even what ever self pleasure they wanted.

I tried to stay innocent until I was married, but the unthinkable happened, and I was raped.

So now, with all the depressed hurt feeling I felt, I felt dirty, and really betrayed and abandoned. 

Somewhere in this area, I was introduced to the Lord! And wondered off on my own and stayed by myself a lot.



So now I am alone, tore up on the inside and the outside. And I find out that Jesus loves me!

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that who ever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."





I was homeless part of the time, sleeping under bridges, eating out of dumpsters to stay alive.

I chose to stay homeless to avoid a husband abusing me, and running on me and giving me a disease.



Somehow it was just more peaceful.

Throughout the years I went to church, I accepted the Lord in my life. I went through 3 divorces, raised 3 children on my own , and held down a job.


My husbands of course abandoned me. They ran with other women. I had 3 children they couldn't accept.

After all this, I couldn't believe that Jesus could love someone like me. But for some reason, I couldn't take my eyes away from Him, either. I felt something inside I had never felt before, when I said His name.

By this time I was determined I was gonna make it, and I would survive. So on my own, or so I though, I went through a nervous breakdown on a bag full of prescription medicine.

Now my drugs were legal, and for some reason, I didn't like drugs anymore.

Although I was still lonely, scared, and confused, my heart felt sometimes that it was gonna beat right out of my chest. It's hard not knowing where you will sleep, what you will eat or what's gonna happen to you from day to day.

I finally picked up my Bible, yes, I had a Bible, and I began to seek the Lord. 

All of a sudden life wasn't so hard anymore. I quit drinking and detoxed all the drugs.

That's a whole different story! And yes, God helped me do that, too.

I began slowly to live a normal life. I hope to write a book someday to fill in all the blanks. 

James 5:19-20 "Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; let him know that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sin."


I said to myself, the Lord will forgive me, I know He will. He helped me this far!

Anyway, I  went back to church, and do you know Who was there with open arms ready to hold me? Jesus! 

In my heart I felt Him say, 'I am so glad you are back.' 

Jesus did love me, no matter what I had done, no matter where I'd gone.

All I did was ask Him to forgive me, and asked Him into my heart and into my life. My life has never been the same since! 

Jesus was waiting for me with arms wide open. He said in His Word, "I will never leave you or forsake you." And He never has.

I found out someone did love me. Some One did care about me. Not just as my Friend, but as a Father Who cares for His child. It was God.

My heart was broken, but now it's full of joy and happiness. I was sick and dying, and now I am healthier than ever, bursting with energy.

I was very lonely and scared, I now have a husband that loves me and cares for me. God fixed everything in my life. 

I have no addictions any more. God gave me love, love that I had never had in my life. I only have to call His name, 'Jesus," and He is there. 



I could feel Jesus' Spirit inside me when I asked Him into my life and my heart to stay forever.

People hurt you, take advantage of you, reject you, judge you. But the Lord God does none of those things. He loves you for who you are.

He will never take His love from you, no matter where you are, who you are, or what you've  done.

All you have to say is Lord Jesus, come into my life, and be my Lord and savior.

Your life will never be the same again!

Come to church. Come to God. He loves you and He always will. The church I attend is Christian Fellowship Center of Madrid, NY. 

Ask God to lead you to a Bible-teaching church somewhere near you. God will be there to accept you with open arms, and lots of love. He will be waiting to be your Father. God will welcome you, I promise you that! 

{Used by permission}














[Google images added]
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrFgi6-3gAo&list=PL16F078CA8EA92B00
MY LIFE by Evie

Biblical Virtues to pray for your kids: #17 Joy."May my children be filled with the joy given by the Holy Spirit" 1 Thess. 1:6.

Today’s quote:  From Our Daily Bread 3/21/13

     "Jesus, You have suffered and died to forgive our sin;
       may Your death and resurrection inspire us to never
        return to where we've been. Help us in our resolve
                        to live for Your will alone.

                      Jesus' death forgave my past sins
                     and inspires my present obedience."

Our thought for today: We have to work with the Holy Spirit to become conformed to Christ's image.

Tomorrow’s post:  #3 An Audience With the King  Dr R. A. Torrey

A popular post:    What to Do Under the Conditions 

 















No comments:

Post a Comment