Monday, August 19, 2013

Stop Doing It! But How?


Jean Oathout shares some thoughts that were shared by Carol Forman for her "Amazing Women" organization in 2002.


Jean will take excerpts, to help us get the victory over things that seem to control us.


"The only way you can really pray effectively for any situation is to find out what God's Word says about it, then get your confession in line and agreement with the Word.


Stop confessing negative things and begin to confess what the Word says. This is NOT lying, but speaking your faith.


"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1


"God calls those things which do not exist as though they do." Romans 4:17


Quit dealing with the problem and begin to see the answer. Remember "Death and Life are in the power of the tongue" Proverbs 18:21


When you speak God's Word and it becomes faith in you, then you will see the manifestation. 


God's Word will not return void. Is. 55:11 


Confess it every day and don't waver. Watch God move as "He watches over His Word to perform it." Jeremiah 1:12


Steps to overcoming:


1. Change your Focus

   2. Change your Attitude
      3. Change your Confession
         4. Change your Actions

I am fearfully and wonderfully made in God's own image. I am truly and amazing person, saved by God's amazing grace. I am an overcomer and more than a conqueror, walking in victory all the days of my life. 


Taken as a statement of faith from Psalm 139:13-18.


Where do I get my self-esteem? I get it from God! I am who He says I am."


"I KNOW WHO I AM
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)
I am united with the Lord (1 Cor. 6:17)
I am bought with a price (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
I am a saint (set apart for God). (Eph. 1:1)
I am a personal witness of Christ. (Acts 1:8)
I am the salt & light of the earth (Matt 5:13-14)
I am a member of the body of Christ (1 Cor. 12:27)
I am free forever from condemnation (Rom. 8: 1-2)
I am a citizen of HeavenI am significant (Phil. 3:20)
I am free from any charge against me (Rom. 8:31-34)
I am a minister of reconciliation for God (2 Cor 5:17-21)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph. 2:18)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph. 2:6)
I cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom 8:35-39)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor. 1:21-22)
I am assured all things work together for good (Rom. 8:28)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16)
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph. 3:12)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15: 1-5)
I am God's temple (1 Cor. 3: 16).    I am complete in Christ (Col. 2:10)
I am God's co-worker (1 Cor. 3:9). I am God's workmanship (Eph. 2:10)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3). I have been justified (Rom. 5:1)
I know the good works God has begun in me will be perfected (Phil. 1:5)
I'm redeemed and forgiven (Col 1:14). 
I've been adopted as God's child (Eph 1:5)
 I belong to God
Do you know
who you are?"

[unknown author]
Jean originally posted "The Bell" 12/23/11


Let's pray: "Father, in the Name of Jesus, I make the quality decision to take control over my words. I renounce every bad seed planted by the words of my mouth. I end the process of failure, sickness, lack, and fear.

Lord, put a watch over my lips. I am determined to speak God's covenant promises; words of love, joy, faith, peace, and grace from this time on.

I will fill my mouth with God's Word throughout this day, and He will have total control of my life. Amen."  [Prayer is taken from Carol's paper]

Today’s Bible verse: Jer. 17:14 "Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved; for thou art my praise."

Today’s quotes: Joyce Meyers – “When we pray, we open the door for God to come into our problems and situations and work on them.”

John Maxwell – “The ability to move on from failure is key to continuing to attempt great things. The mind can only focus on so much, so if we’re still too focused on what we did wrong, we can’t give all of our attention to attempting to do things right.

Some thoughts today:  If someone tells you of your fault, agree quickly, and go on, after repenting.That's not who I am now!

- God wants to pour out more of Himself.


- The fire of God surrounds us as believers.

Tomorrow’s post:  #19  Intercession as a Christian Role  C. Peter Wagner

A popular post:   WHAT IS NORMAL?  [Mary Southerland] "When an ordinary person meets an extraordinary God, normal life takes on a whole new meaning." 


Let God make a way for you!

[Google images added]



Granny’s Guide to Marriage inVerse  my book for women contemplating marriage.


    {From My Personal Testimony}

     #10  When My husband Said,
                 "Don't do It"

"When my husband said, "Don't do it"
         I found that to obey,
   Would give God freedom to use it
     So He could show His way..."

No comments:

Post a Comment