Sunday, March 16, 2014

Why I Love Jesus

Mary Carothers tells us: "Some years ago, when Jesus had become very real to me, I was still  anxious about my salvation. 

I was afraid that I might do something wrong and not get around to telling Him I was sorry and ask Him to forgive me.

Maybe I might suddenly have an accident and be killed and just not have time to repent.

Then, one day, while reading Romans, suddenly my spiritual eyes (so to speak) were opened.

I realized that when Jesus died on the cross, He took all the sins of all mankind, from all periods of history upon Himself—past, present and future.

I asked Jesus, 'Do You mean that I don't have to worry that I might die some day without repentingmaybe of a sin I don't even realize is a sin?'

His answer was crystal clear. Jesus said, You belong to Me for all eternity.

Not only has my sin nature been forgiven, each of my individual failures have been forgiven...even those that have not yet happened.

Someone might not understand me and think I'm saying that I can do anything and 'get away with it'.

That's not it at all. When we really 
understand what Jesus has done
for us,  we will just naturally love 
Him. 

He endured such agony and 
separation from the Father—for you 
and for me. How could we not love
him with all our  hearts?

Our desire then, is to obey Him, to be a source of joy and blessing to Him.

Then He will rejoice over us with singing (see Zephaniah 3:17).

Mary Carothers, wife of the late Merlin Carothers, shares 
this with us in their paper, PRAISE NEWS, published by 
Foundation of Praise 
 www.foundationofpraise.org
Let’s pray:

   Father, it's true, we love Jesus for what all He has done for us there on the Cross, and for a lot more!

   We are aware of His guiding, helping, protecting, enabling, healing Hand in our lives, as well.

   May I demonstrate my love for Jesus in my walk, that I honor Him in everything I say, do, and think"

   Help me obey You, and to be a source of joy and blessing. I ask this in Jesus' Name. Amen. 

Today’s Bible verse: Is. 32:18 "And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places."

Today’s quote: Gwen Smith – “If divine eyes rest on tiny sparrows and flowers of the fields, how much more are the needs and desires of God’s children known to Him?”

Our Daily Bread “Christ’s cross provides the only safe crossing into eternity.”

Some thoughts today: We have a Holy God, and then there's me. God created man to have a relationship with. Adam walked with Him in the garden with Him, (until he sinned). As there's something in us to seek that relationship, we need to see that Christ, the Savior, the Son of God, provided the way back to His Father!

- There's no degree of separation from God. Jesus' sacrifice is enough to cover any and all sin. Allow God to take control of your life. Are you stuck? Ask God to meet you where you are.

18th- Tuesday’s post:  #67  Seven Years of Learning  C. Peter Wagner

20th- Thursday's post:  #68  Intercessors Need Help Too  C. Peter Wagner

22nd- Saturday's post:  When All You Have is Trust  Toni Campbell

23rd- Sunday's post:  Stubborn Peace  Max Lucado

My new-born granddaughter, Savanah

A popular post: Praise Refreshes the Soul  Sharon Jaynes 
shares with us, "One day I was mopping the kitchen floor and 
my words were anything but cheerful. I grumbled to myself…no 
one even appreciates all that I do around here."

The Black Dragon Rose

jowildflowers@gmail.com (for comments)

AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse  
Kindle $2.99 A review would be appreciated.

Granny's Guide to Marriage in Verse
My book in paperback $7.95 (Check the Kindle

page for my book for the reviews!)

Wisdom for Brides (Christian Marriage,
Counseling, & Help) (Volume 1)




No comments:

Post a Comment