Sunday, January 18, 2015

Dancing Over Me

Rhett Wilson shares with us today:

Rhett Wilson
Rhett Wilson
I danced the day my daughter was born. 
Excitement overflowed as I held this 
newborn wonder in my arms. 

Tears of joy streamed. Songs erupted 
from my innermost being. Prayers and 
praises of thanksgiving arose out of me. 

Cuddling the tiny bundle, I took her on her first dance around the hospital room.


Through the years we’ve continued to dance. When she was a young child I picked her up at times, held her tight, and sang songs to her. Her daddy was excited she was alive.

Recently she called me into her room and asked if I would let her stand on my feet, grab hands, and dance around the room. I held her close and slowly danced, rejoicing over her.

The Bible promises God’s nearness and constant love. We can accept that reality even when we don’t feel it. We can choose to believe His nearness and love when we show up at our job daily, when we care for a sick loved one, or when we do our routine tasks at home.

God is always with His children. The Father loves His sons and daughters immensely and on days when we may feel neglected or alone, the Lord’s promises bring hope and challenge us to keep going.

Take the time to read and meditate on His Word. Be reminded of His nearness. Stop and praise the Lord in your spirit. Sit quietly in a chair or stretch out on the floor face down, stilling yourself until you are aware of His presence.


God is quietly nearby, delighting in His children. 

Prayer: Loving Father, make me aware of Your presence today. Thank You for taking delight in me, your child. 


(For more devotions, visit www.christiandevotions.us.)

Dancing over Me

Nov 02, 2014 01:00 am | Rhett Wilson  


(Google image added)


"The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy"  Zephaniah NASB


Rhett Wilson pastors The Spring Church 
in Laurens, South Carolina. His blog, Faith, Family, and Friends, can be found at www.rhettwilson.blogspot.com.

He enjoys doing life with his wife and three children, exploring waterfalls in the Carolinas, reading and writing, and listening to wholesome country, classical, and Broadway music. He enjoys reading Southern fiction and legal thrillers



Pray with me:

   Father, thank you that the Bible promises Your nearness and constant love, and I can accept that reality even when I don’t feel it. 

   I will sit quietly in my chair or stretch out on the floor face down, stilling myself until I are aware of Your presence.

   I'm thankful that You are quietly nearby, delighting in me. 


   My prayer is that I will delight in Your presence, basking in Your love for me. I want to please You, Father.

   In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today’s Bible verse:  Ps. 40:3 "And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD."

Today’s quotes: David Roper - "Influence is more than lofty acts and words. It can be a simple matter of human helpfulness: being present, listening, understanding the need, loving, and praying. This is what turns daily duty into worship and service."

Joyce Meyer - "Whatever God asks us to do is for our good."


Some thoughts today: We tend to get ourselves into so much trouble when we start thinking about what God has told us to do. He just wants us to obey Him.

- God and the devil both want us to think their way. If we'll choose God's way, it becomes easier each time we do. We're in the school of the Holy Ghost to learn to be people of integrity.


20th- Tuesday’s post: #33 Overcoming the Strongman
C. Peter Wagner

22nd- Thursday's post: #34 Satan's Strategy
C. Peter Wagner


24th- Saturday's post: I Am Resolved
James H. Cagle


25th- Sunday evening's post: We All Have A Part
Jean Oathout


A popular post:  Thoughts  Nancy Lucas Cady says, "A wise man once told me, and this 
is very simple, that we are not responsible for 
other people's choices, with the exception of 
our children of course, when they are younger 
and we are teaching them and they don't know 
any better."



AuthorsDen.com
Where authors and readers come together!

Kindle $3.49

Bridal Shower Devotional
Bridal Wisdom for Women

My book in paperback $7.95

Wisdom for Brides (Christian
Marriage, Counseling, & Help) 

No comments:

Post a Comment