Sunday, June 19, 2016

Have You Ever Wondered?


Jean Oathout: Have you wondered if God's watching you, or even aware of you? Does He have a good plan for your life?

Are you beginning to ask if...
God is Real, and if He's close, or far away? He may bring you to a crossroads, where you'll have to get honest and actually ask Him if He is Real, and to prove it to you.

The Bible affirms that He is, and that He has a good plan for everyone of us. It depends upon our willingness to listen to His guidance through His Word. We can read it ourselves, have friends share it with us or hear it preached by Bible-believing speakers.

God desires to not only bless us, but He wants to give us the answers for our various questions and problems. We have found that He speaks to each of us all the time by His Holy Spirit, in an attempt to give us the help we need.

I hope you'll check out my 3 posts on this subject: 

Part 1- How CAN We Hear from God? (7 of 21 ways)
Part 2 How CAN We Hear From God? (8-14 ways), 
Part 3- How CAN We Hear from God? (15-21 ways)

Hopefully, you'll find some answers in these posts on how you can hear from God. {I just read them through, and my own faith was refreshed}.

Our knowing God the Father, has everything to do with our relationship with Jesus, His Son, and our walk with Him each day. He is the One who walked the earth to become the sacrifice for our sins. His obedience to the treatment He took for us on the cross proved His allegiance to the Father, and His love for us. {We heard this this morning in the Madrid church service!} (See John 3:16)

Have we noticed how things just seem to come together at the appropriate time when we have a need? When we pray, we're encouraged to believe the God will show up, so we shouldn't be surprised when He does...

As God is Faithful, we can expect Him to move in answer to our prayers. Even though we may be persistent in a request, we have to understand that His will is going to prevail, as He does know what's best. This is where our trust in God can become stronger, for we'll need to look to Him for His best for us.

The truth is that there's an evil entity who constantly desires to kill, steal and destroy us and the plan God has for us to be an influence and help to others. 

Recently, I've had several near accidents, which could have been very serious. Therefore, I've given up driving to protect myself and others on the highway. This will be a new season for me, and I fully trust the Lord for provision and blessing.

Already, I see how the Lord is bringing a closer relationship with those who graciously offer to drive me to appointments and to church.


Let's pray-

Father, there are many questions we all 
have, and we now see the need for You to 
help us better understand Your ways.
May we become more aware of how You 
move in answer to our prayers of concern.
Help our unbelief in difficult situations,
to trust in Your directions and provisions.
I ask this in the name of Jesus.
Amen.

Today's Bible verses-

(Ps. 91:14 CEV) "The Lord says, 'If you love me and truly know who I am, I will rescue you and keep you safe.' " {Red is my emphasis}.

(Ps. 4:8 CEV) "I can lie down and sleep soundly because you, LORD, will keep me safe."

(Jer. 29:11 KJV) "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Today's quote-

"I know that many in the older generation have been pressing into the things of God for a long time, but they have learned to persevere as a result. I declare that if you are one of these then you will become some of the greatest dragon slayers of our time. The dragons are the thoughts that would destroy the minds of mankind.

Once you have broken into the realm of God's presence and glory you will help others do the same. You will become the greatest peacemakers and encouragers. You will become the lifters of broken hearts and minds." Darren Canning

Our thought today-

Our sufficiency is found in Jesus. At our very weakest point, God will show up and make us strong. This way, He will get the honor, my friend. We're urged to remain faithful to the calling God has on our lives. 

Our questions today-

Will you enjoy life, and be a faithful Christian? If you don't know Jesus personally, won't you right now simply ask in child-like faith, for Him to forgive all your sins, and to fill you with His Holy Spirit, and make you a new creation in Christ? (Then be sure to study His Word, the Bible, and find a Bible-believing church to attend)


I Invite you to check out
What Does God Look Like?
By Debbie McEwen




Upcoming posts-

#49 God Delights In Your Holy Boldness
    21st- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

#50 The Role of Importunity
    23rd- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

One Invitation at a Time
    25th- Saturday's post by Debbie McEwen

Broken to be Made New
    26th- Sunday evening's post by Dennis Fisher

As of the 3rd of July, I'll send one post each week on Sunday evenings only, throughout July and August.

Our special link today-

Lisa Buffaloe's Blog

 A word from God for you.


  



31 day-Devotional my personal story, using 
the information I shared.

 A great gift for someone who may need help to 
prepare for marriage, or for those in a marriage, 
who want some helpful advice.

I believe I'm to write a book on prayer next. Please pray for God's guidance and provision. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment