Saturday, October 29, 2016

Be Swift my Soul to Listen



Be swift my soul to listen
And be slow my tongue to speak
Lest by your conversation
You may bruise a soul that's weak

And injure one who's suffered
From the pains of selfish men
Who care not for the offering
That Jesus gave for them

But rather tread upon the souls
Of others they can find
Who in their hesitation
To reveal what's on their mind

Are treated as unworthy
Of the life God gave to them
When of a truth His Spirit moves
Much more to succor them

And draw them to decision
Where by faith they will decide
To move with pure precision
In the path they have not tried

But where the Lord is beckoning
To be a light for men
That does not wane or flicker
When accursed by those in sin

But burns more brightly in the path
Of truth and righteousness
To light the way for others
By their works of faithfulness

Revealing to the world at large
The times in which we live
Are spoken of quite clearly
In the words Christ came to give

And every soul who would presume
To take the name of God
As though they were His followers
Upon this earthly sod

If they do not exhibit
How our Saviour lived before
Will find the day of judgement
They are still the blind and poor

The blind because they would not see
The truth God offered them
And poor because they would not wear
The robes He wove for them

The robes of Christ's own righteousness
He died that they might share
That only those who follow
His Example truly wear

Through acts of true compassion
Setting sin and self aside
That by their life's confession
Others see where they abide

Each morning with their Saviour
Learning more to be like Him
Who gave His all a Sacrifice
To woo the hearts of them

And form them in His image
Saved by grace to bear the light
To all who would escape the doom
Of this world's moral night


And be prepared to welcome Him
Who's soon to come again
The Judge of all the righteous
Who had lived to honor Him


(Philippians 1:15-21)
(Google image used. By Williams Ekanem

                                             By Lee Forbes



Let's pray-

Google image
Praying woman

   Father, we see that what we say and do has an effect on others. We ask for Your help in discerning how to keep our mouths under control, so as to not hurt someone's faith.
   May each morning be a special time with You and Your Word, as we learn more how to be more like Jesus, our dear Savior.
   Help us prepare ourselves to welcome Him, as He's soon to come again. May our lives point others to Jesus through our faithfulness in conduct and speech till then.
   We ask this in His Name. Amen.

Today's Bible verse-

       John 1:12 says, “Yet to all who did receive Him, to
       those who believed in His name, He gave the right
       to become children of God.”


Today's quotes-

~ Max Lucado-
 "Live out your inheritance! You are loved, redeemed and filled with the Holy Spirit. You have the power of God in you to fight any battle you face."  

~ Ernie Miller- "His mercies are new every morning !!!!

Imagine if you will . . .
-you're an apostle and it's the morning of the third day after 
Christ 
was crucified . . .
-or you're a soldier in Joshua's army at Jericho . . . and it's the morning of the seventh day . . .
-or you're a Hebrew slave in Egypt and it's the morning after the Passover . . .
-or you're Jonah and it's the morning of the third day in the belly of the fish . . .
-or you're Martha the sister of Lazarus and it's the morning of the fourth day since he died . . .

Yes . . . each of these our sisters and brothers wake up as we do . . . still believing but not knowing . . . still hoping but not seeing . . . but God . . .

Whatever it is you face today remember these our brethren as you wake in the morning . . . for your hope has come . . . Christ Jesus your king . . He is faithful . . . He will provide . . . "


Today's testimony-

Stacie Myers- 
A lesson from the Journey- Somewhere between the CT scan that raised concern about the spot on my lung and the PET scan that confirmed it needed to be removed, Pastor Rick felt led to send me to I Peter 1:6, 7.

      “Ithis you greatly rejoice, though now for a little
       while, if need be, you have been grieved by various
       trials, (v. 7) that the genuineness of your faith being
       much more precious than gold that perishes, though
       it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and
       glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”


   I was certainly grieved by various trials. My back surgery, recovery, and rehabilitation had pushed me to my physical limits. 
   The reality that I could no longer take care of mom in my home left me heartbroken and battling the enemy’s lies of failure and guilt. 
   Now I was realizing that God brought me up out of the pit of depression, restored my hope and gave me joy to prepare me for a battle with cancer. 
   I’ll be honest, when I first read the passage it seemed a bit generic -- like pointing out the obvious. That being said, I also couldn't get away from it either. 
   The week I found out we were skipping the biopsy and going directly to surgery, I was back in the verse. 
   That is when God spoke. My focus shifted from verse 6 to 7.
He told me to take a part out–

      “That the genuineness of your faith . . .
       may be found to praise, honor, and glory
       at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”


   Then He told me I was so focused on the trials, the testing by fire, I wasn’t seeing Him. Through this journey He wants my faith to be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Him. 
   I said "Ok", but had no idea how to walk it out, but I asked Him to teach me. He has been faithful and has transformed me.
    My perspective has changed. Instead of seeing Christ through my circumstance, He is teaching me to see my circumstances through Him."


Today's Spotlight sermons-

October 23, 2016

Week 5: Submission to Authority When God and Man Contradict 

Speaker: Mike Tomford
Series: Grace Under Pressure
Location: CFC Madrid

Week 5: Grace to Live in a Fallen World, Pt 2 
Speaker: Rick Sinclair 
Series: Grace Under Pressure
Location: Potsdam

{Click on the preacher's name and view his recent sermons!}
CFC sermons  You can check out the many sermons of CFC ministers, and select the ones of interest to you. Maybe you missed one . . .

Jean's blog (Click to see the recent 7 snippets of my recent posts.)


Upcoming posts-

#67 The Spirit Helps Us Pray
11/1- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

#68 The Dynamic of the Spirit (Part 2)
3rd- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewell

Are You Longing for Christ's Appearing?
5th- Saturday's post by Derek Prince

#69 God's Spirit Teaches You the Love of Prayer
8th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel


This would be something
to see!



31-day Devotional + my personal story
Sample verse from p. 59

"Because God made your man to be

A Leader in advance,
He'll make decisions you will see
If given half a chance."

  (Published by Lighthouse Publishing of 

the Carolinas. Used by permission).

A great gift for someone who may need 

help to prepare for marriage, and for 
those in a marriage, wanting some 
helpful advice.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment