Saturday, June 10, 2017

Where is Your Trust?









How often do we place ourselves
Just where we need to be
With open hearts and scriptures
Silently on bended knee

Preparing for the message
God would have us share with men
Who thinking they are righteous
Still confuse the Truth with sin


By purposely persuading
Other souls to follow them
Not following God's Spirit
Or becoming one with Him

Because for them to do so
Would reveal how much they failed
Just like the priests of Israel
Who had the Saviour nailed

Upon the cross because of all
The hardness in their hearts
When long before it was ordained
How they might have a part

In reaching all the souls of men
Throughout the world to see
The beauty of the Sacrifice
That Christ had come to be

But just as Satan moved before
To nail Him to the cross
And by their mere example
Cause their nation to be lost

So too today the leaders
Of God's church are prone to fail
If in their pride and blind pursuits
Again they drive the nails

Not this time nails of iron
But of pride deceit and force
That weaken truth and righteousness
To follow Satan's course

The course of pure rejection
Of what God would have us be
To stumble on in failure
In our own iniquity

But God would have His church to see
The error of her ways
To take the time to learn from Him
And not what men may say

Through quiet moments in His Word
Wherein the Truth abides
Just waiting to infuse in men
The Power there that hides

Not choosing to be hidden
But because men will not see
The beauty of God's character
That He would have them be

Devoid of self indulgence
Of their pride and hidden vice
Embracing Christ in righteousness
By His Own Sacrifice

And laying on the altar
All they are and hope to be
That He might pour His Spirit out
On them in purity

Defacing Satan's instruments
Of wickedness and vice
Converting precious souls to see
The Truth in Jesus Christ

The Truth that does not lean on men
To show what they must be
But stands upon the Word of God
And His divinity



Isaiah 46:5-10; 1 Corinthians 16:13, 14
(Google image, Man on knees

Lee Forbes
March 26
Where is Your Trust? 





Please make this your prayer too-

Man kneeling

    Father, I acknowledge my own need of Your continual guidance in my life.
   Your will for us, is to lean on You, standing upon Your Word, the Bible.
   I lay my all on Your altar today, and ask that Your Spirit fill me, to where I'll hear Your Voice to direct my decisions and pathway.
   Help me to often place myself where I need to be, with open heart and Scriptures, and desire to see Your way clearly .
   May I not be one to nail Christ's Hands anew with rebellion and rejection, but come willing to You with my needs.
   I ask this in Jesus' name, for His glory. Amen.

Today's Bible verses-

(Ps. 100:3 KJV)
"Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture."

(Lam. 4:40 KJV) "Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD."

(Jer. 7:23 KJV) "Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you."


Today's quotes-

~ Sarah Young- (From Jesus Calling devotional, June 7/17) "Who is in charge of your life? If it is you, then you have good reason to worry. But since I am in charge, worry is both unnecessary and counterproductive. When you start to feel anxious about something, relinquish the situation to Me. Back off a bit, redirecting your focus to Me. I will either take care of the problem Myself or show you how to handle it. In this world you will have problems, but you need not lose sight of Me."

~ Some decision-making questions when faced with difficult choice.

  1. Have I asked for God's help?
  2. Do I show that I trust God in every area of my life, not merely in this decision?
  3. Do I obey God's will as clearly revealed in the Bible?
  4. Am I operating on the basis of good reasons rather than changing feelings?
  5. Am I filling my mind with God's Word so that my mind is transformed?
  6. Are there Biblical commands or principles that apply to my specific situation?
  7. What are the alternatives and consequences of each possible option? How do these fare when evaluated by what the Bible says?
  8. Do my gifts, abilities, and weaknesses have a bearing on the decision? How?
  9. What decision will glorify God, build me up spiritually, and edify others?
  10. Have I sought out worthy advisers?
  11. Have I carefully evaluated the advice, not merely accepted or rejected it?
  12. Is this decision a matter of my own freedom?
  13. Would waiting be profitable or detrimental?
  14. Am I determined to obey and please God?

-From How Can I Know What God Wants Me To Do?(c) by RBC Ministries.


I invite you to sign up on the Google + at the top of the page to receive the notices of these post. Thank you!


The recent sermons-

CFC Potsdam church has a live service at 10 am Sunday's for shut-ins. If for some reason you can't make it to the church you usually attend, click on the above link, and still get fed!


Upcoming posts-

#119 Prayer Agony is Godlike
13th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

#120 We are Most Godlike when we Share God's Travail
15th- Thursday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

Cherish them...While You Can
17th- Saturday's post by Ron Hutchcraft

#121 Prayer Warfare Defeats Satan
20th- Tuesday's post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel




(Click to see snippets of the 7 recent posts)
Below, you have an opportunity to leave a comment.

Or email me at jowildflowers@gmail.com

                                        Samples of Jean's crafts


31-day Devotional 
+ Jean's testimony

[Maybe just choose a title each
day that interests you]

A sample verse from p. 90-

I Gleaned from Others
Day by Day

"I underlined the words God used
In all His instructions.
Each day to Him my heart was fused
Even in corrections.

Each promise from Him was for me
And mine if I would ask.
He'd answer them for me to see
That His Word was to last."

(Published by Lighthouse Publishing 
of the Carolinas. Used by permission).

A great gift for someone who may need help 
to prepare for marriage, and for those in a
marriage, wanting some helpful advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment