Thursday, December 27, 2018

My Testimony of the Infilling


Jean Oathout: Upon visiting a Pentecostal church service in 1966, I returned that evening and witnessed a water baptism. 

   When a man and a teenager were baptized, I could sense the Lord's Presence and decided that I should also be baptized; so I was!(Google image, Woman being baptized[Some good information given]

   For some time after that, I often knelt and prayed beside our couch at home, seeking the infilling of God's Spirit. I'd heard several folks speaking in their heavenly language in church, so believed it was for me too, and especially because it was said that believers were to receive the Holy Spirit.

   There were many interruptions while praying and waiting for the baptism to occur. Repentance was a part of what I felt was important, and to surrender my heart and life to the Lord. I found it hard to feel love from or for anyone at the time, so it took me a while just to say, with meaning, "I love You, Lord."

   One day, I headed to the bathroom, and when I realized it was another distraction, I stopped and said, "No!" When I did, and turned around, I began to speak quietly in another language! It must have been a complete surrendering to the Lord, as His Spirit came in and spoke through me. There was no evidence of its happening, except for the new language.

   I spent time praying each day by the couch, practicing the new tongues I had been given. My sons checked on me each day while I'd been waiting for it, and so when I received it, one son came and kneeled 
beside me, and listened to me speak. He's now with Jesus, as he died several years ago, due to a heart attack.

   Each of my sons received the Holy Spirit and his prayer language the following summer in camp. My three remaining sons could testify that it made a difference in their lives. 

{The Last 20 of 60 Benefits of Praying in Tongues} If you're really interested in this, check this post out, along with other recommended links of interest on the subject there.

   I often "practiced" the new language, sometimes speaking in various languages as I worshiped. My prayer language is still strong after all these years, and I'm grateful to have been entrusted with it. 

    I've read that it is the most powerful way to pray, as the Holy Spirit is doing the interceding on our behalf. Our part is to allow Him to use our tongues to pray for the Father's will to be done. 

   These faith posts I've sent out from Dr. Wesley L. Duewel's book,  Ablaze for God, have been inspirational for me, and hopefully, for you, my readers also. 

   I've been a loner most of my life, learning lessons the hard way.  Walking in the Spirit has been a great experience for me! My spirit-walk is yet in progress, and not completed, but I'm learning each day to allow the Father to instruct me in His way for me.
{Check out my recent post, In Progress or Completed?} 

  I know the best is yet to come, as we are getting ready for a mighty revival. Hearts are being turned back to Him! He is calling the wayward back home to their churches, as well as calling new believers to Christ, to follow Him in full dedication and consecration. This is our prayer and expectation!

Let's pray-

    Father, we ask for Your guidance in this most important subject of today's post. As we read Jean's personal message, may Your Spirit speak to us of the truths You want us to have.
   The links to past posts have some interesting information, so as we check them out, we ask for insight on what is presented in the various messages.
   Let Your Word always be magnified in everything we read concerning this subject, and apply the truths to our hearts. 
   We ask this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.       

Today's Bible verses-

       Acts 2:41 (NKJV) "Then those who gladly received 
       his [Peter's] word were baptized; and that day about 
       three thousand souls were added to them."

       Acts 3:19 (NKJV) "Repent therefore and be converted,
       that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of 
       refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."

       Acts 10:45-48 (NKJV) "And those of the circumcision 
       who believed were astonished, as many as came
       with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had
       been poured out on the Gentiles also. (v. 46) For they
       heard them speak with tongues and magnify God. Then 
       Peter answered, (v. 47) 'Can anyone forbid water, that
       these should not be baptized who have received the 
       Holy Spirit just as we have?' (v. 48) And he commanded
       them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they 
       asked him to stay a few days."
      
Today's quote-

~ Lisa Buffalo: "Christmas isn’t about money or gifts. Christmas is personal. Christmas is love.
   The Creator came to save creation. Boundless became bound. Glory became flesh. The embodiment of love wrapped in the soft, smooth skin of an infant. A wooden manger cradles The cradle of life. A feeding trough for The bread of heaven.
   The Great Shepherd’s arrival announced to those who tended sheep to call to the lost sheep. Jesus Christ, the bread of heaven, born to feed a soul-starved, hungry, and dying world. Jesus Christ, Emmanuel, God with us, born to bring joy midst chaos, suffering, and the pain of life. Jesus Christ, Savior, born to love, sacrifice, and save.
   Jesus Christ, The Word, speaks the words that bring life. Jesus came to live in our hearts. Hearts that were broken and damaged. Hearts that are restored and renewed by His touch.
   Christmas is a reminder that God loves you. Regardless of what exists in your past, present, or future, God is with you. You are never alone, you are guaranteed hope, and forever loved."

From, We Were Meant for Paradise by Lisa Buffaloe [Her book]


Today's popular post-

   Jean Oathout: "Have you noticed how different your friends are from one another?
   Not their size, shape and color, but have you noticed the varying temperaments, lifestyles, backgrounds and beliefs that make each one unique?" 


Upcoming posts-

                     God's Work
29th- Saturday's post by Lee Forbes

                   Meditation
Jan. 1- Tuesday's message from a post by James H. Cagle

             Can We Know if God Hears our Prayers?

3rd- Thursday's message from a post by Dr. Wesley L. Duewel

               Conversion Day
5th- Saturday's post by Walt Huntley

Snowing on tiger

     






Jean's blog (Click to see snippets of the 7 recent posts)

No comments:

Post a Comment