Saturday, March 23, 2019

The Choice


Max Lucado- "It's quiet. It's early. My coffee is hot. The sky is still black. The world is still asleep. The day is coming.

In a few moments the day will arrive. It will roar down the track with the rising of the sun. The stillness of the dawn will be exchanged for the noise of the day. (Google image, From the rising of the morning sun)

The calm of solitude will be replaced by the pounding pace of the human race. The refuge of the early morning will be invaded by decisions to be made and deadlines to be met.

For the next twelve hours I will be exposed to the day's demands. It is now that I must make a choice. Because of Calvary, I'm free to choose. And so I choose.
I choose love . . .

No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love. Today I will love God and what God loves.
I choose joy . . .

I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance. I will refuse the temptation to be cynical . . . the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see people as anything less than human beings, created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God.

I choose peace . . .
I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live.

I choose patience . . .
I will overlook the inconveniences of the world. Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I'll invite him to do so. Rather than complain that the wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment to pray. Instead of clinching my fist at new assignments, I will face them with joy and courage.

I choose kindness . . .
I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone. Kind to the rich, for they are afraid. And kind to the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.

I choose goodness . . .
I will go without a dollar before I take a dishonest one. I will be overlooked before I will boast. I will confess before I will accuse. I choose goodness.

I choose faithfulness . . .
Today I will keep my promises. My debtors will not regret their trust. My associates will not question my word. My wife will not question my love. And my children will never fear that their father will not come home.

I choose gentleness . . .
Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.

I choose self-control . . .
I am a spiritual being. After this body is dead, my spirit will soar. I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal. I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy. I will be impassioned only by my faith. I will be influenced only by God. I will be taught only by Christ. I choose self-control.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.
(Used by permission)

The Choice 
by Max Lucado
From When God Whispers Your Name
Copyright (Thomas Nelson, 1999) Max Lucado
Listen to UpWords with Max Lucado at OnePlace.com and find resources at MaxLucado.com
GET MORE BIBLICAL ADVICE FROM MAX ABOUT...

Let's pray-

   Father, in the morning, while it is quiet, and with our hot drink in hand, may we consider the day ahead of us.
   In the calm of solitude that will soon be replaced by the pounding pace of our lives, making demands to make decisions, help us understand this; as Christians, we are free to make certain choices.
   We invite You to be the God of our circumstances. We refuse to see people as anything less than human beings, created by You. We refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see You work for us.
   With the fruit of the Spirit making a difference in our lives, we commit our day to You. If we succeed, we will give thanks. If we fail, we will seek Your grace to help us tomorrow, and we'll place our heads on our pillows and rest tonight.
   We pray this in Jesus' name. Amen. 


Today's quote-

Gwen SmithFaith shuts the mouth of fear.
“When I am afraid, I will trust you” Psalm 56:3 (CSB).
“You yourself have recorded my wanderings. Put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book? Then my enemies will retreat on the day when I call. This I know: God is for me” Psalm 56:8-9 (CSB).

These weren’t just flippant statements or memorized verses. These were sturdy declarations (of David). Deliberate choices made by a deeply determined worshiper. The kind of choices that change and calm a frantic heart. The kind of choices that speak peace to anxiousness. The kind of choices we can make when we’re afraid. The kind of choice we can make when fear screams loud within.


Today's next 5 posts of 100 things  Our God Is . . .

41. Wonderful Counselor
42. The Great Shepherd of the Sheep
43. The Head of the Church
44. Jesus
45. The Same Yesterday, Today & Forever


Today's question-

     Do you believe that God can transform someone?

   If so, why not the one you love? Is there anything too hard for God? He waits for us to believe in His ability to work in others' lives; we may be the only one interested and concerned enough to pray for them!

   1 Cor. 1:18 tells us " . . . but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." And 1 Cor. 4:20, "For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power."

   Consider 2 Cor. 1:3, 4 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, (v. 4) who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
   
   We are helped by God's Spirit, therefore, we are to reach out to others who need His help, to pray for them. We are to believe that by the power that lies within us, and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we can help others find relief in Him.


Today's sermon spotlight-

JUNE 3, 2018

Filled with the Spirit - Everyday

Speaker: Rick Sinclair 


Upcoming posts-

     #23 Pray in the Spirit
26th- Tuesday's post by Samuel Chadwick

     #24 The Fellowship of the Spirit in Prayer
28th- Thursday's post by Samuel Chadwick

          Leave Room for God
30th. Saturday's post by Oswald Chambers

     #25 The Prayer of the Spirit
4/2nd- Tuesday's post by Samuel Chadwick
     

Bluebird



     







Jean's blog (Click to see snippets of the 7 recent posts)



Gwen Smith- Faith shuts the mouth of fear.
“When I am afraid, I will trust you.” (Psalm 56:3, CSB)
“You yourself have recorded my wanderings.Put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book? Then my enemies will retreat on the day when I call. This I know: God is for me.” (Psalm 56:8-9, CSB)
These weren’t just flippant statements or memorized verses. These were sturdy declarations (by David). Deliberate choices made by a deeply determined worshiper. The kind of choices that change and calm a frantic heart. The kind of choices that speak peace to anxiousness. The kind of choices we can make when we’re afraid. The kind of choice we can make when fear screams loud within.

No comments:

Post a Comment