Saturday, January 25, 2020

Hearing God's Voice

Danny Canning- "There are five main ways that God speaks to me. I thought I would write them out and share with you so that perhaps you will be strengthened to hear him in new ways. (Google image, 10 Ways God speaks to us)

1. The written word
This is the main way I hear His voice. As I open up the bible I am introduced to the realities of my God. The stories are not just entertainment but living testimonies of saints that knew Him and experienced Him. Their possibilities become our possibilities and as you read their tales you begin to be changed by them. His word has a way of changing you from the inside out and starts living inside of you.

2. Dreams and Visions
God will guide you, correct you,
teach you, heal you and deliver you through dreams and visions. You’ll even encounter Jesus, angels, heaven and hell through the night hours as you sleep and in visions as you are awake.

3. Small still voice
There are times you’ll hear God in your thoughts and as you come into agreement with those thoughts His peace will be like fire within you. There are times that I know my thoughts cannot be my thoughts and must be from the mind of God. His ideas sometimes are just too wonderful for me to create in my own mind.

4. Prophets
God will speak to you through the mouths of prophets. They will teach you God’s word for your life and release destiny. They will confirm what God has spoken to you in other ways.

5. Nature testifies to His Name
You can look at trees and hear God’s voice. You can look up at the stars and hear about his greatness. There are times that even the wind passing by my ears will speak of the great things of God. I can see the complexity and colour within one of His creatures and see the hand of the great creator God."


Hearing God's Voice
Darren Canning



Let's pray-

   "Father, I thank you for delivering and drawing me to yourself out of the control and the dominion of darkness and transferring me into the kingdom of the Son of Your love. I am accepted in the Beloved. In your love you chose me for yourself as your own before the foundation of the world. God, you caused the one who didn’t know sin to be sin for my sake so that through him I could become the righteousness of God. It’s all by your grace! I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Amen"Germine Copeland


176-180 of 200 one-line Scriptures for those of you who want to learn some more this week-

176- Ps. 91:11 "For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways."

177- Ps. 119:66 "Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments."
178- Ps. 4:8 "I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me to dwell in safety."
179- Ps. 91:1 "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."
180- Ecc. 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."            

Today's quote-

Germine Copeland "The old 'self' came roaring back when I reacted to one person’s disapproval of an article I had written. My cheeks burned, and I hit reply and typed my defense. The Holy Spirit broke through my frustration, and took me back to the origins of this feeling of rejection. 
   It began when I was six years of age. The enemy of my soul used a traumatic event against me, and I believed that the opinions of others were more important than mine. The stronghold of self-rejection was cast down when God delivered me from the fear of man’s opinions. 
   As a child of the Most High God you have a Helper who is faithful to remind you of the new self that is created in Christ Jesus. He gives you the power to put on a fresh mental and spiritual attitude. As spiritual truths unfold, by the grace of God, you are able to put off the old false self that is corrupt through delusion. Today, I encourage you to put on the new self, which is created in God’s image." (Prayers That Avail Much, P.O. Box 289, Good Hope, GA 30641, USA)

Words of wisdom-

As we choose to spend time with God, He's pleased. He wants to refresh and renew us to face each new day. The sacrifice of the time strengthens us.

The Jesus is our Burden-bearer. He walks with us along our journey through our trials and distress. He conquered the world and deprived it of power to harm us. He is our constant Companion and Confident Peace. 


Today's suggested book-

The Radical Jesus by Linda Pamela Jones
"Jesus was unapologetically radical. While He was here on earth, everything He did, said and how He thought, was radical. This generation needs to know that Jesus Christ is the most radical person that ever lived. He was and still is revolutionary; He is militant and even fanatical about His mission and about us – His creation . . . " [I ordered one]


Today's question-


          Can God bring good out of evil?

   Our faith will be tested as we wait to see how God will work in  situations. He wants us to reach out to the hurting, to give comfort to them, to speak words of life from His Word for Him. We go from each experience of seeing God intervene in lives of others, to learn that He is well able to turn things around.
   We need to have Him change our lives too, to finish our course to His glory and for our good. We may have to deal with rejection, for instance, but in learning to trust the Savior to heal us, we grow stronger in our faith, and in our determination to see Him make some good come out of what looks like evil to us. Everything we learn today, is for our future destiny, to have a testimony of God's goodness, changing us into the image of Christ Jesus, His very image.

List of recent sermons of CFC ministersCFC Potsdam NY church has a live service at 10 am Sunday's for shut-ins. If for some reason you can't make it to the church you usually attend, click on the above link, and still get fed!   

Jean's blog (Click to see snippets of the 7 recent posts)

Upcoming posts-

    #35 Fulfilled in God's Plan
28th- Tuesday's post by Andrew Murray

#36 Walking in the Spirit
30th- Thursday's post by Andrew Murray

There's No Question and No Doubt . . . About Our Needs
2/1st- Saturday's post by Ernie Miller

#37 Because of Unbelief
4th- Tuesday's post by Andrew Murray    



1 comment: