Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Harrowing Time!


Have you ever been walking, and caught in a downpour? I have! I was walking up the hill yesterday in town towards the post office, when I noticed the storm clouds up ahead, but figured I could make it back home before it rained.


It hadn't rained much for weeks, so guessed it might not even rain then! Boy was I wrong! As I left the P O, it began to sprinkle a little, so I quickened my steps. When it began raining harder, I ran across the street. By the time I'd gotten over near the bank, the wind and rain was so strong, that I literally had to run behind the power pole and hang on!


After a few moments, I stepped around the corner to the bank, hoping to dodge in until the worst of the storm was over. It was past 3, so the door was locked. As I was drenched by then, I figured I might just as well go on down the hill towards home.


I must have been a sight to the folks in cars that passed by, as I was drenched! I knew I could dry off and change clothes when I got home, so just kept walking. I didn't have very far to go, thankfully.


I am reminded of the fact that many people think of the trouble that is worldwide, as signs of Jesus' soon return, but aren't worried that it could happen real soon. As the storm overtook me, His coming will overtake them, and they'll find themselves in real trouble after Jesus takes His people out. They’ll be left to face the awful consequences of their delay to respond to His constant calling to accept the Atonement that was provided for the saving of their souls by Christ on the Cross of Calvary! (John 3:16)


As I’ve read about Israel’s plights, I’m reminded that things are getting ready to fulfill the Scriptures in Daniel and Ezekiel of what is planned concerning them, and us. God has it all planned, and we need to heed the warnings of Christ’s soon return, and be ready!


I urge you and your friends to be in earnest, and seek the Lord to know Him personally. It is not going to be enough to just know about Him. He will be looking for those who have a personal relationship with Him, and who are expecting His arrival.


Please don’t let the following be true of you, my friend:


“Turn at my reproof; surely I will pour out My Spirit on you; I will make My words known to you. Because I have called and your refused, I have stretched out My hand and no one regarded, because you disdained all My counsel, and would have none of My reproof, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, when your terror comes like a storm, and your destruction comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you.” (Prov. 1:23-27)



Today’s 1st truth: If you are “born again”, you are child of God. (Rom. 8:16)
Today’s thought: What can separate us from the love of Christ? Nothing! We may choose to walk away though, in unbelief.
Tonight’s post:  Choices
Tomorrow’s post: A Very Real War: Prayer Note #58

No comments:

Post a Comment