Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Peacocks and Their Kin



  David Roper - "Male peacocks are resplendent creatures with iridescent blue-green plumage and elongated trains tipped with 'eyes' colored in hues of gold, red, and blue.

They are strikingly beautiful birds, but they have ugly feet!


    To be  honest, most of us have some type of physical limitation. It may be something we've borne all our lives, or one we've recently acquired.

     Paul described his deficiency as a "thorn in the flesh" that kept him humble (2 Cor. 12:7-9). Three times he asked the Lord to remove it, probably thinking that he could then serve God better. 

But the Lord assured him, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Paul replied, "Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."


     One of the ironies of faith is that God often chooses us to accomplish His most important tasks despite our imperfection, not because of our speaking ability, looks, or fitness for the task.

 Missionary Hudson Taylor said, 'God was looking for someone weak enough to use, and he found [you and me]!' When we find our strength in Him, He can use us in ways we could never imagine.  


"My strength is made perfect in weakness."  2 Cor. 12:9


Lord, I have many weaknesses. Please show Your
strength through me by using me in whatever way
You please. May others see You at work in me and
praise Your name. Amen

God's strength is best seen in our weakness."
Our Daily Bread
June 12, 2012

You've given us Your Spirit, Lord,
To help us grow; mature, and learn
To teach us from Your written Word,
So truth from error we'll discern. Sper


Let God's Word fill your memory,
rule your heart, and guide your life."
Our Daily Bread
June 13, 2012

 
Today’s 1st truth: If you are “born again”, you are a child of God. Rom. 8:16 
Today's thought: As our old nature doesn't get better, but worse from world influences, we need to learn to say "No." 

Tomorrow's post: A Very Real War: Prayer Note # 58  Dutch Sheets
Tomorrow night's post:  Spirit or Flesh?

Tonight's post:  Choices
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1938499999/  Link to Granny’s Guide to Marriage in Verse  my book for women contemplating marriage.




No comments:

Post a Comment