Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Choices




Lil Duncan "Today we learned my husband is having a triple bypass this week.

Not something we expected — at all — and certainly not something we wanted.

Now, we are faced with choices, lots of them.

But the biggest choice becomes how we are going to react to this.

We could choose to blame God and ask why this had to happen to us, but that’s not our choice. We choose to praise God and be grateful the problem was found early enough to do something about it.

Does that make it easy? No. Does that make it any less scary or mean there hasn’t been tears? No. I wouldn’t have chosen this to happen.

But it does mean I have peace, joy, and hope. That I am trusting in the goodness of God and knowing He loves us and that he works all things for the good of those who love Him.

I don’t know the future. I don’t know what God has planned for us. I don’t know the outcome of the surgery.

 But I do know that in all things, I will praise Him and love Him and trust in his love for me. That’s what I’m commanded to do and it makes a world of difference in the outcome of my spiritual peace.

In life, we don’t always have control over what happens to us, but we always have the choice as to how we react. Lift your hands and praise God’s name in all you do.

NOTE TO READER: My husband is going in for his six-week checkup this week and he is doing amazingly well. You might even say his recovery has been miraculous.

Within two weeks after surgery, he was cooking dinner for me. He’s resumed almost all of his daily activities, lost thirty pounds, and is walking a mile several days each week.

Sounds like a miracle to me! Words can’t express the depth of my gratitude to God.

 "I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." Psalm 69:30


Lil Duncan writing stories where faith, hope, and love mingle with murder and mayhem.

She believes that fiction can be entertaining without being tasteless. Besides writing, Lil is a Speech-Language Pathologist.

 She and her husband live in a (very) small town in the Amish country of Ohio.

Read Lil’s devotions.

Choices – Lil Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment