Friday, October 19, 2012

Weeding God’s Garden


Barbara Latta shares with us that "Renewing my mind with the Word of God strengthens me. 

I hoped I didn’t uncover a snake.

I was coming out of winter hibernation, and I knew they would be too.

It was time to start working in my flower garden; time to enjoy the sunshine after a cold winter.

The bulbs placed in the ground during the fall months were pushing through the earth with new blooms. They called me to plant something else to go with them.

Fortunately, I didn't find any hideous creatures hiding in the dirt, but I did find other unwelcome invaders. Weeds.

They not only ruin the look of the garden, they can choke out the beautiful plants I love.


While I struggled to pull some of them out, the Lord showed me how my heart is His garden. He plants His seeds in the soil of my thoughts through His Word.

If I nurture and water those seeds, beautiful results fill my life, just like when I nurture my garden beautiful plants fill it.

The enemy can plant seeds as well. Sometimes they go unnoticed.

What starts out as something small and seemingly harmless, can become a weed that produces pain and despair.

It’s a lot harder to get rid of weeds in my garden that have been growing for a long time because the roots are deep. Bad thoughts and attitudes allowed to stay in place can grow deep roots as well.

That’s why we have to guard our hearts.

Renewing my mind with the Word of God strengthens me. It’s what becomes the guard over my heart. Pulling out those weeds from the enemy while they are small will insure they don’t take root and clog our hearts.

The wellspring of life will flow freely when it isn't stopped up with weeds. Weed your life with the Word of God. Let Him clear the vines that tie you to sin."

"Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs 4:23


Weeding God’s Garden – Barbara Latta

Posted on September 20, 2012 by Senior Editor, by Cindy Sproles of www.christiandevotions.us
 

Barbara Latta is an aspiring writer residing in Meansville, Georgia with her husband and their two dogs.

The Lattas also have two grown sons.

Barbara loves gardening, reading, and traveling. Her desire is to share the love of God to the world through writing articles, stories, and devotions based on the lessons God has revealed to her.

Read Barbara’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!

Used by permission. www.christiandevotions.us

     "Dear Lord, we're so thankful to be Your children,
                and that You'll never leave us.
           Help us to hold on to that promise when
        trouble seems to threaten on every side. Amen


         When troubles call on you, call on God."

                    OUR DAILY BREAD
                        Sept. 21, 2012

Linda Bonney Olin posted in Writers of Any Genre

  9:32am Oct 19 /13
 


Many of you met Eddie Jones at Montrose CWC. See what Eddie has to say about reading in America, and writing for God.

Interview with Eddie Jones | Linda Bonney Olin ~ Faith Songs

www.lindabonneyolin.com

Tomorrow morning’s post: Limps and Blessings  Venita McCart


Tomorrow evening's post: Mysterious Ways: Send Me Your Light Kenny Hanning  (Find out what God does for this unbeliever!)

Today’s treasure truth #10: If you are “born again”, you are delivered from the powers of darkness. Col. 1:13

Our thought for today: We don't "fall into" sin. We choose it.




No comments:

Post a Comment