Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Big Moment




A big year—that’s a term used by bird watchers who set a goal to spot as many species as they can in a single year. 

While I’ve never experienced the quest, I sometimes try to identify the birds I hear singing in the trees. 

The symphony often features bright chick-a-dees along with the raucous caw-caws from crows. Woodpeckers rat-a-tat-tat in the background as other bird calls punctuate the air. 



Photo courtesy microsoft.com free image gallery
A Big Moment

Each experience in the great outdoors can be a big moment.

God reveals His majesty in His creation.





Besides the wide variety of birds, we can appreciate His handiwork in the intricate petals that form delicate flowers or in wildly imaginative bugs, which are also created with a full palette of color.


Google image

We can sit under cloudless sunny skies and feel a gentle breeze that rustles the leaves on nearby trees. 

We can watch as storm clouds bring violent thunder and lightning with wind, rain, or hail.

His presence and power can be seen everywhere. From the rugged, snow-capped peaks of the Rocky Mountains to the renewal of life that emerges from the utter devastation caused by a volcanic eruption or other natural disaster, His glory is revealed. 

Signs of His faithfulness are evident in rainbows and twinkling stars in the sky. Yes, the heavens declare the glory of God.

While it might be rewarding to experience a big year, I find fulfillment in searching for His presence in the midst of an ordinary day in an ordinary place. 

As His creation reveals His glory, my spirit and mind are soothed and transformed. 

My little world becomes peaceful despite the cares of the world. In those moments I am reminded that all is right. 

The Creator of the universe is still on His throne.

His Spirit will lead and I can simply follow. 

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Follow Him."

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard … May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:1-3, 14 NIV

A Big Moment – Lynn Karlsen
avatar

Photo courtesy microsoft.com free image gallery

Lynn Karlsen

Lynn Karlsen is a wife to one and mother of four. 

As their children have moved on to shine in other parts of the world, Lynn has found more time to indulge her love for writing from her covered deck in the Pacific Northwest. 

Her experiences as a mother and kindergarten teacher have provided a multitude of ideas for stories she writes for children. 

Lynn is a member of both ACFW and their subgroup for children’s fiction writers.

Read Lynn’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!





Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us

Let’s pray:  Gwen Smith “Dear God, with a trembling heart, I approach Your throne of grace today in reverence and humility, fully aware that You are holy and I am not. Speak, Lord. Show me the plans You have for me. Bind me to Your Word and to Your strength so I will have the courage to obey, to forgive and to accept forgiveness. May my brokenness be restored for the beauty of Your glory. Please help me to trust your plan and grace. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen."

My personal prayer note:  God depends on His Church to pray, so His will can be accomplished.

Today’s quote:  Mary Carothers “When we, like Mary, sit quietly at His feet soaking in His word, we find that not only do His words relax our anxieties, but also His peace indeed rules in our hearts. When we leave our time with Him, the sweet fragrance of Jesus clings to us, drawing others to Him.”

Our thought for today:  Jesus Christ paid the price to get heaven into you!

Tomorrow’s post:  The Trophies of Intercession: Prayer Note #116  Dutch Sheets

A popular post:   It’s Not About Me!  


So You Plan to Marry a Man

A quote from Amazon: "In this powerfully moving devotional, poet Jean Oathout reveals the secrets every bride needs to know before marriage. Compiled in lyrical verse, these insightful poems provide scriptural advice, practical applications and prayerful guidance for women seeking the heart of God. So You Plan to Marry a Man offers time-honored tips for building a successful marriage. Learn how to love and support your mate through godly wisdom and spiritual resolve. Readers will be encouraged, challenged, and blessed."


Price: $ 5.94

A 31-day devotional book for
Women contemplating marriage
And looking for godly advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment