Sunday, February 10, 2013

New Eyes






Dennis Fisher tells us,"A college student I met had recently placed her faith in Christ. 

She described her initial life-change this way: 'When I trusted Christ for salvation, it felt like God reached down from heaven and placed a new set of eyes in my eye sockets. 

I could understand spiritual truth!'

It was moving to hear how her encounter with the Savior brought new spiritual perception. But her experience is not unique.

Everyone is endowed with spiritual sight when they trust Christ as their Savior. Yet, at times a 'fog' rolls in and our spiritual vision becomes cloudy and unclear.

That happens when we neglect our relationship with Him.

in Paul's fervent prayer for believer's spiritual sight, we see how important it is to fully appreciate all that God has done and will do for us through Christ.

He prayed that the eyes of our understanding would be enlightened that we "may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints." Eph. 1:18

Each believer has been given new eyes to discern spiritual truth. As we keep our hearts tuned to God, He will help us to see with our spiritual eyes all that He has given to us in Christ."


"My soul within me yearns for Thee
Till Christ be fully formed in me;
Let love divine enlarge my heart,
Then all Thy fullness, Lord, impart. - Stewart

I once was blind but now I see!"

Our Daily Bread
2/2/13

"Give me a spirit of praise, dear Lord,
That I may adore Your name,
Sing praises from the depths of a grateful heart
To the One who is always the same. - Dawe

Remembering God's goodness
puts a song in your heart."

Our Daily Bread
1/20/13

Let's pray:  (Mary Southerland)– “Thank You, Lord, for the people in my life who are not afraid to confront me when I am wrong. Forgive me for the arrogance that makes me think I know what is best plan for my life. I don’t pretend to understand the height and depth of Your love for me, but I choose to accept it and revel in it today. Help me learn to see myself through Your eyes.”

My personal prayer note:  Singing hymns from a hymnal or some choruses you know during your prayer time stirs up faith in Jesus, too.

Today’s quote:  Cindy Sproles “Don’t measure success by earthly standards. Focus on the gift God has given you. Expand it, but never lose sight, for this is where God dips His finger and tastes the fruit of the labor. Commit all you do to Him and let God taste the sweet fruit of your efforts.”  [12/28/12]

Our thought for today:   We are tempted at times to believe that we, or someone else, will never change. Don't agree with those thoughts when God is involved...change will come!

Tomorrow’s post:  Automatic Assistance  Denise Loock

A popular post:  THE BUTTERFLY ANOINTING # 41 


A 31-day devotional book for
Women contemplating marriage
And looking for godly advice.









No comments:

Post a Comment