Friday, February 15, 2013

The Nest






Darlene Lund shares with us, "The move-out day drew near. 

My thoughts crisscrossed; where was I going to live? 

My husband of twenty-seven years had made it known, it was not together. 

To keep my thoughts focused, I intentionally hung an embossed wind chime right above the kitchen sink in the window.

The picturesque chime portrayed a robin on a nest watching over her three blue eggs. 

It reminded me of my life, a mom of three. Daily, it kept me focused. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

I prayed often: God, show me where my new nest will be. Your Word says not to fear; that I am more valuable than many sparrows.

More valuable? Hmmm, I thought. 


Photo courtesy microsoft.com free image gallery
God values you

Alright, God, you provide twigs, grass, and hair for the birds to build their nests. 

Please provide what I need for my nest; after all, I am more valuable than the birds.

God had already proved Himself over and over in my life. 

Facing drastic changes like losing my father, brother, and mother all hurt deeply before this move and separation tragedy. 

"So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows." Matthew 10:31 NASB

I took God up on yet another truth. I believed this verse in Matthew. 

I repeated the verse several times a day until the move. I am more valuable than many sparrows. I anticipated His lead.

Prayers went up and I zipped emails off for prayer support. I’d visited a few rental homes that left me spinning. 

I knew living in a house was not the route, but where?

With twenty-two days remaining, a friend sent me a link, 'Check it out,' she said.

She had been Googling homes and rentals and happened across this particular find. 

Surprised and pleased, I forwarded the info for other’s input, then made an appointment. 

Offer accepted. Contract signed. The move occurred within days of the deadline. Right on time, God answered.

Today you may hear, 'Welcome to my nest,' as God has transplanted me to a newly refurbished and decorated condo. 

You would think I picked out the colors, kitchen cupboards, and newly painted walls. Everything matches perfectly to my furnishings, and it happens to be located within walking distance of my church. 

Truth triumphs: You are more valuable than many sparrows.

Take God up on this verse. You’ll be amazed at His provision."

The Nest – Darlene Lund
avatar




Photo courtesy microsoft.com free image gallery

Darlene Lund is a Life Purpose Coach® for women and a Grief Coach. 

Also she is a Ministry Consultant and a Lifetime-Instructor of Coaches for Life Purpose Coaching Centers International® (LPCCI®,) 

She facilitates two-day Life Plans for women as well as a one-day grief facilitation. In the fall of 2011 Darlene released a facilitation for women, Submersed in the Secret Sorrow of Infertility. 

She targets the heart of women in her coaching, teaching, speaking, and writing. Part of her story is published in Live Big, by Dr. Katie Brazelton. 

She sends out a monthly online newsletter geared for women. 

Sign up at www.Heartswithapurpose.com or contact Darlene@Heartswithapurpose.com.

Read Darlene’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!the Nest





Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us

Let’s pray:   “Lord (Jesus), teach us to be willing to adjust our plans to conform to Yours. You have greater things in store for us than we could ever dream, so help us to patiently wait for you to work in the circumstances of our lives. Let God direct – or redirect – your steps.”  [Our Daily Bread 2/9/13]

"My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me." And my heart responds, "Lord , I am coming." Ps. 27:8 (NLT)

Today’s quote: 
'Love sent the Savior to die in my stead.
Why should He love me so?
Meekly to Calvary's cross He was led.
Why should He love me so? - Harkness

Nothing speaks more clearly of 
God's love than the cross."

Our Daily Bread
2/14/13    

Our thought for today:  Worship, work, rest, and fun are necessary components of a balanced life.

Tomorrow’s post:  You Can See God  GodVine

Editorial Review of  So You Plan to Marry a Man

 Price: $5.95

Review  by Bob Hostetler:

“I was flabbergasted to open Jean’s volume and read these instructive devotional poems. What a variety of topics! What practical counsel! I hope these poems will bless many as they have impressed me.”- Bob Hostetler, speaker, and author of 27 books

A 31-day devotional book for
Women contemplating marriage
And looking for godly advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment