Monday, March 11, 2013

Am I a Bug?



Debbie Hardy tells us, "Some days I feel like the windshield on my car. 

Other days I’m the bug squished on the outside.

It was one of those days. 

It started when my alarm didn’t go off so I woke up late. 

The shirt I wanted to wear was in the hamper. I spilled my shampoo in the shower, stubbed my toe making the bed, and dropped an egg on the kitchen floor. 

Guess it wanted to be scrambled before I was ready.

King David had some of those days, just like I do. 

He wrote Psalm 43, begging God to vindicate him, plead his case against an unfaithful nation, and rescue him from those who were deceitful and wicked.

I hate to admit it, but maybe David’s day was worse than mine. 

At least I don’t have to rule an unfaithful nation or have wicked people after me.

David eventually realized he had no reason to be negative. 

All the things on the outside were no match for the God he had on the inside.

He finally had a talk with himself and decided to put his hope in God, where it should have been all along.

That’s what it takes to have a positive attitude – decide to do it. 

I could have complained about all the things that had gone wrong and expected even more bad luck. 

That’s only natural. 

Instead, I thanked God that I was given another day to accomplish what he had in mind for me.

I’ve discovered my attitude is totally up to me. 

Same goes for you. 

If we just make up our minds each morning to put our trust in God for that day, we can amaze those around us with our positive outlook. 

And you’ll be surprised  how much better things look from that vantage point. 

Try it. You’ll like it and you’ll find what an impact you’ll have through Christ Jesus."

"Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 43: 5

Am I a Bug? – Debbie Hardy 
Debbie Hardy is the author of Stepping Through Cancer, A Guide for the Journey, a step-by-step guide for cancer caregivers, and the accompanying Caregiver’s Handbook.

 A Colorado resident, author, widow, and grandmother, Debbie’s positive outlook and joy in Christ have helped her transition from corporate America to writing and speaking. 


Check out her blog at SteppingThruLife.blogspot.com and her website at 

www.SteppingThroughCancer.com.

Read Debbie’s devotions.

Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!

 Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us


Let’s pray: 

Dear Lord, Please forgive me for the times that I’ve wandered from Your plan for me and given into temptation. Teach me Your ways. Lead me to make choices that bring You glory and that allow me to experience the life You intended for me to live. In Jesus’ name, amen.”  Gwen Smith


Our Scripture for today:  

(Ps. 13:5-6)  "I have trusted in Your mercy: My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me."


Today’s quote:  

Pocket Devotions “What is God urging you to do right now? It doesn't have to be big. In fact it's usually small to start: help someone load groceries into their car, call a friend or acquaintance to see how they are doing, or even walk the dog. 

With your eyes on the Lord, even the most ordinary activity can have an extraordinary impact for the Kingdom -- if we follow the leading of the Spirit.”


Our thought for today:  

Do you feel your ministry is pointless? Seek How God's moving.


Tomorrow’s post:  

More Concepts for Keeping the Serpent Out: Prayer Note #123  Dutch Sheets


A popular post:  God’s Goodness 
     


No comments:

Post a Comment