Thursday, July 18, 2013

#10 Intercession is a Biblical Concept



C. Peter Wagner writes to us more about intercession: "I wrote out these [following] texts because I feel it is important for us to understand that intercession for leaders, although it may be underutilized today, is a biblical concept.

Through intercession, ordinary believers can become a part of the ministry of Christian leaders such as today's apostle Pauls.


As I was writing this chapter I received a phone call from one of my intercessors, Jack McAlister.


When I asked him what he had been doing, he said it had been a fairly routine day.


He began praying for leaders at 5:30 A.M. and did not finish until almost 8:00 A.M.


He said he had been praying for Billy Graham, Bill Bright, me and scores of others. 


Then he added, 'It is so thrilling for me to do this. When I pray for these leaders I participate with them and along with them I receive the blessing of the fruits of their ministry.'



This is exactly what the apostle Paul's intercessors were experiencing with Him.

He writes to the Philippians saying that he was praying for them and "for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now"Phil 1:5.


By "fellowship in the gospel" Paul refers to their partnership with him in his ministry. 


This is a chief characteristic and reward of intercessors."



Today’s post -#Intercession is a Biblical Concept, in the series taken from C. Peter Wagner’s book, PRAYER SHIELD, How to intercede for pastors, Christian leaders and others on the spiritual frontlines. (pg.34) By Regal Books

[Google images added]



Let’s pray: Father, I understand now that it is not only a privilege, but there are benefits to pray for my spiritual leaders. Make me aware of their needs, and impress upon my heart the burden You have for them. My needs are important to me, but their needs are of utmost importance in the leadership of my church. I ask that You bless them, encourage them, and provide their needs. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 92:4 "For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work; I will triumph in the works of they hands."

Today’s quote:  John Calvin - "Our prayer must not be self-centered. It must arise not only because we feel our own need as a burden we must lay upon God, but also because we are so bound up in love for our fellow men that we feel their need as acutely as our own. To make intercession for men is the most powerful and practical way in which we can express our love for them"

Our thought today: Men as mentors: always be true to your faith, love the young men (really care), be consistent in what you teach, invest in others (mentor), and hang out with them.

Another good thought:  It’s important to keep re-focusing on Jesus! We cannot do what God asks without His help! His eyes were fixed on the outcome, and so should we keep our eyes on the goal He has for us. He’ll help us run far and faithfully after God. 1 John 4:4


Tomorrow’s post:  5 Ways to Build Relationship with Your Teen  Jill Savage

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1938499999/ Link to Granny’s Guide to Marriage in Verse my book's new title and cover

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DP77URG/ Kindle addition

A popular post: No Sleeping Allowed Stay alert to the devil's tricks to discourage you.

No comments:

Post a Comment