Friday, July 26, 2013

How to Surrender Your Fear


Dr. Charles Stanley answers this question:

Q. "I trust God with all my heart, so I don't understand why I'm finding it nearly impossible to surrender one particular fear. 


I've prayed and prayed, but my heart just can't let go of this anxiety.'

A. You've taken the first step by recognizing that you're anxious.

One of Satan's most subtle and successful traps is to tempt us to focus on our circumstances. But anxiety isn't caused by all the outward things we think are to blame.

It's an inward problem. You are never healed of emotional sickness until you're willing to face the truth about what's inside you and deal with it.

Whenever you're gripped by anxiety, stop and identify its root. Ask yourself, Why am I so anxious about this? and let the Holy Spirit reveal what is hidden beneath the surface. Sometimes you'll find you're actually paralyzed by inadequacy—you're afraid of failing or not measuring up.

You might find that guilt is holding you back, or even discover the false idea that God is a ruthless taskmaster or scorekeeper.

And in connection with these feelings or erroneous views is what I call the 'Tape recorder.' 

We usually don't realize that by playing a loop of the misbeliefs we were taught throughout life, this invisible recorder often directs our thinking.

So, when that fear recurs in your mind, recognize the misbelief for what it is, and say 'All right, that's the recorder playing. 


Now, where did this thought originate?'

When you've traced back to its root, say, 'I reject that. I don't have to play that recording any more. And if it goes off again, I refuse to listen.'

Then you can pray, 'Father, I thank You that this anxiety is not of You, because You did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind 2 Tim. 1:7 KJV.

I rebuke this fear in the name of Jesus Christ. I reject this feeling and refuse to be bound by it from this moment on.' 

Then, reach for Scripture, and let the Lord speak anchoring truth to your heart."

[Taken from the In Touch magazine, Jan. 2013]

[Google images and my emphasis added]

Let’s pray: Father, I see that I need to examine my fears, to see where they've originated, and recognize why I have them reoccurring. I know fear isn't from You, and that You'll free me from mine, when I see the root and give it over to You to deal with. I ask that You show me the root to any fear I have. I pray in Jesus' name, Amen.  



Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 46:7 "The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah" (think about that]

Today’s quote: Margaret Feinburg, "Ask God to awaken your ability to see and savor His sweet presence and recognize His divine handiwork. Then live eyes wide open to the ways God answers."

Another quote: Beth Moore – “Humility takes a supply of supernatural strength that comes only to those strong enough to admit weakness.”

Our thought today: Anything you don’t allow, dies.


Tomorrow’s post:  What's the Difference Between Excellence and Perfection  Jill Savage


A popular post: Peacocks and Their Kin   Our strength is found in our weakness.

Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout
http://facebook.com/jean.oathout


http://www.amazon.com/dp/1938499999/ Link to Granny’s Guide to Marriage in Verse 



http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DP77URG/ Kindle addition



No comments:

Post a Comment