Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Mother's Plea




Linda Hill

"I'm surprised to hear the birds song
All seems right with the world
I gaze out my window watching
My little boy and girl

Tears fill my eyes as I bow my head
Lost in silent prayer
How can I tell them that Mommy
Won't always be there

How can I explain to them the cancer
That's invading my body
It will be so hard to tell them..
How do I make them see

They are too young to understand
Josh is five..Laura  seven
They won't be able to comprehend
That Mommy's going to Heaven.

Who will read Laura a story at nite
And gently tuck her in
Who will bake chocolate chip cookies
For Josh and his imaginary friend

Why do I have to leave them
Oh , Why do I have to go
Their little hearts will be broken
You know they need me so

My tears are falling , my heart breaks
I am not concerned for me.
My thoughts are what will happen
To my precious family

Give me the courage and wisdom
Lord, to place them in Your hands
To know that Thy will be done
Please help them understand

Give me the right words to tell them
That I am coming Home
That I will always love them
Though I will be gone.

Help them through the painful months
Lord, Please hold their hand
When they start to stumble Lord
Rise them up again

I'm surprised to hear the birds song
All seems right with the world
I gaze out my window watching
My little boy and girl."

(C) Linda Hill
7/24/13

(Used with permission)

Photo: "What Cancer Cannot Do"

Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit. 

cancer cannot cripple LOVE,
it actually makes it overflow.
cancer cannot shatter HOPE,
it actually clarifies what Hope is for.
cancer cannot corrode FAITH,
it actually strengthens Faith's convictions,
cancer cannot conquer the SPIRIT,
because courage faces cancer's affliction.

AMEN! <3<3<3


Pray with me: Father, as we think of our friends and loved ones with this dreaded desiese, we can't help but ask that You be their comfort and provision. They are in need of guidance and peace, Father. We ask that Your Love fill and surround them today. May their path not be as rough as anticipated, but covered with lots of love from everyone. We ask for Your grace to be amply supplied for all those who are walking through this ordeal. In the mighty Name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

I'm glad to be back on my blog. I trust the up-coming Faith Messages will be a blessing to my readers. My hip replacement went well, and I'm walking with a cane and am heading to rehab next week...thanks for all prayers for my healing!

Today’s Bible verse: Ps. 46:5 "God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved. God shall help her, and that right early."

Today’s quote:  Joshua McGrath - "What does fellowship provide? Accountability, encouragement, friendship in Christ, love, strength to continue pursuing Christ."

Some thoughts today: God is not intimidated by our needs. The local church is given to the local body of believers for their support.

- The Cross separates from other religions. It's what saves us from our sins! None other religion can do that!

-All through the Bible, when people turned to God, He delivered them. It still holds true today!

Sunday's post:  10 Myths About Introverts  Carl King

Tuesday's post:  #23 Ministries of Intercession  C. Peter Wagner

Thursday's post:  #24  Crisis Intercession  C. Peter Wagner

A popular post: Letter from Mother to Daughter  Sometimes it's hard to relate to older folks


A fine mother!


Samples of Jean's crafts & craft order blanks

                                         
Preface {pg.13}

"Any and all parts of this book
Were written down for you.
It is my prayer that as you look
You'll find things you can do.

My various poems surely tell
Of how it went with me.
As you will read I know quite well
Your own life you may see.

What I have found I want to share
To now enrich your life.
Maybe you'll find some answers there
That'll help you as a wife.

Our God will guide us so we can
To His great love relate.
I'm hopeful you will understand
 He'll help you love your mate."



http://www.amazon.com/dp/1938499999/  Link to Granny’s Guide to Marriage in Verse  my book for women contemplating marriage, as well as some good advice for wives who want some encouragements to improve their marriage.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DP77URG/  Kindle addition $.99



1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Jean, Awesome words of encouragement.
    Hope you are feeling netter. Blessings,
    Butch

    ReplyDelete