Sunday, October 13, 2013

Filled Up and Poured Out

ID-10043326
Cindy O’Brien shares with us, "I went to my mailbox recently and found a package stuffed inside. 

I pried it out, excited to see who the sender might be. I immediately recognized the return name and address and tore it open.

Inside the package was a note from a dear friend and a lovely gift of tea. 


She simply said she’d been reading my blog and thought of me. Her note triggered memories of my spiritual journey of many years earlier.

Kit began a Bible study for women in her home when I was a young mother. My son had just started preschool and my daughter was still at home. 


I would take her with me in the beginning and she would play in another room. There were other mothers like me, but some older women came as well. 

What a wonderful mixture of women to come together once a week to study the Scriptures. 

Kit opened her home and showed hospitality through the serving of tea and baking of homemade breads and cakes. 

She poured her life into ours, loving us and teaching us as Christ did His Church. 

She mentored that little group of women until God called her and her husband to a larger ministry in another country.

That package made me ponder my own role in the body of believers and Kit’s investment in my life. 


Just as she poured tea and the Bread of Life into me each week, it made me wonder, Am I pouring myself into others ... investing myself in people instead of wasting it on things that are temporal?

We all lean toward selfishness at times, but real joy and fulfillment come from investing in others. 


Kit chose to invest her life in me. I am one of her fruit. My children come behind me and they are her fruit as well.

God has chosen us individually. He carefully assigned abilities and talents specifically for the plans He has for us. 


His desire and His command is for us to go out and bear fruit for the kingdom.

God can give your life meaning and purpose as you seek Him and serve Him by serving others. 


Something as simple as a teapot and teacup provided an atmosphere for growth. 

There is nothing like the sweet taste of bearing fruit for the Kingdom of God.

Share yourself, give, and bear fruit."

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit…fruit that will last." John 15:16 NIV


Filled Up and Poured Out - Cindy O'Brien
Once filled up, pour yourself into others.


Photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net and Piyachok Thawornmat


Cindy O’Brien has several years of writing experience.


 She writes for Christian Devotions and her work with her church newsletter received statewide recognition. 

She has written book reviews for Christian school publication and is currently working on a book about the faithfulness of God. 

Visit Cindy’s blog, My Little Corner at www.cindyobrien78.blogspot.com. Read Cindy's devotions.
Receive a daily devotion on your Kindle!

Used by permission www.christiandevotions.us

Let’s pray: Father, we are aware of our need to share what You've been teaching us. May we find ways to minister to others, and to bring joy to them, too. Your mercies are new every morning, and we need to help others find it to be so. Open our eyes to opportunities You'll be giving us to pour into others' lives, to help them grow stronger in their faith. Please bless our efforts to obey You in doing this. In Jesus' Name, amen.

Today’s Bible verse: Prov. 25:11 "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

Today’s quote: Justus Martin - "God will cause us to have compassion and to know the answers for hurting, searching people. He will enable us to speak truth to them of the reality of Jesus and all He has done for them."


Some thoughts today:
Take note of the giftings of others, and encourage them to excel. You'll be a blessing to them this way. Find their value, even though they may be in a dysfunctional situation.

- Right now, we have the opportunity to participate in what God wants to do!

- If we have something valuable, we put it in a safe place. We’re to protect our fellowship with other believers, and value it as utmost important to our Christian living, for instruction, guidance, and encouragements. That is where our faith is strengthened.

Tuesday’s post:
  #27  3 More Ways to Check for the Gift of Intercession   
C. Peter Wagner


Thursday's post:  #28  Why Pastors Need Intercession  C. Peter Wagner


Saturday's post:  He Meets Us Where We're At  Tracy Crump

Sunday's post:  The Silent Sermon  GodVine

A popular post:
   True Worship  Baby worshipping God

Looks a lot like a Fall a scene!


Samples of Jean's crafts
http://twitter.com/jeanoathout

http://facebook.com/jean.oathout

ht
tp://www.amazon.com/dp/1938499999/  Link to Granny’s Guide to Marriage in Verse  my book for women contemplating marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment